Camoplast Solideal is a private Canadian company specializing in components and assemblies for Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), particularly polymer components and rubber components including tracks for all-terrain, snow and industrial vehicles. The company was founded in 1982, and is based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, Canada. It also has branches and manufacturing plants in America, Asia and Europe. Camoplast Solideal Research Center is in Magog, Quebec, and has a global workforce of more than 8000 employees.
Camoplast purchased the industrial vehicles division of Bombardier Recreational Products in late August 2004. Bombardier manufactured snow and all-terrain vehicles with rubber tracks from the 1950s. The industrial vehicles division, based in Sherbrooke, Quebec, made tracked utility vehicles such as snow grooming snowcats for skiing, sidewalk snow removal tractors and heavy duty tracked transporters, including the descendant of the original Bombardier Muskeg tractor.
- "BPR cède sa division de véhicules industriels à Camoplast" [BPR sells its industrial vehicles division to Camoplast]. Le Devoir (in French) (Montreal). August 3, 2004. Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Fisette, Gilles (September 21, 2010). "Camoplast fait une acquisition majeure" [Camoplast Makes a Major Acquisition]. La Tribune (in French) (Sherbrooke, Quebec). Retrieved June 25, 2011.
- Camoplast website
- Camoplast Tracks & Systems page
- Camoplast Polymer Systems page
- Sale of Caterpillar belt manufacturing to Camoplast
|This article about a Canadian corporation or company is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|