Camp (TV series)
|Created by||Liz Heldens
|Country of origin||United States|
|Executive producer(s)||Liz Heldens
|Location(s)||New South Wales, Australia|
|Original airing||July 10, 2013|
Camp is an upcoming American drama series that follows the antics of a group of campers and counselors at a lakeside summer camp named Little Otter Family Camp, run by director Mackenzie Greenfield. The series was created by Liz Heldens and Peter Elkoff. The series is set to premiere on NBC on Wednesday, July 10, 2013 at 10:00 p.m. Eastern/9:00 p.m. Central.
Cast and characters 
- Rachel Griffiths as Mackenzie Greenfield, the camp's director.
- Tom Green as Kip Wampler
- Tim Pocock as Robbie Eisenberg, the head of activities.
- Dena Kaplan as Sarah Brennen
- Rodger Corser as Roger Shepherd, the director of the rival camp Ridgefield.
- Nikolai Nikolaeff as Wes Carmichael, the camp’s maintenance guy.
- Charlotte Nicdao as Grace
- Charles Grounds as Buzz Granger
- Lily Sullivan as Marina Barker
- Adam Garcia as Todd
- Chris Kirby as Raffi
- Genevieve Hegney as Sheila
Development and production 
On January 6, 2013, NBC bypassed the pilot order and green-lighted Camp with a direct-to-series order and a planned summer 2013 airdate. Thirteen episodes were originally ordered, however the episode order was decreased from thirteen to ten due to scheduling. Filming for the series will begin in Australia in March 2013. The series was created by Liz Heldens and Peter Elkoff, who also serve as executive producers alongside Gail Berman, Lloyd Braun and Gene Stein.
Casting announcements began in February 2013, with Tom Green first to be cast. Green is set to play the role of Kip Wampler, an adorable loner who likes indie rock and documentary films and hates people. Rachel Griffiths, Tim Pocock and Dena Kaplan were next to come on board the series. Griffith was cast in the role of Mackenzie Greenfield, the camp’s director, who is reeling from being left by her husband for a younger woman; Pocock is set to play Robbie Eisenberg, the head of activities at the camp with lofty goals of attending law school, whilst Kaplan will portray Sarah, Robbie's summer romance. Rodger Corser then joined the cast as Roger Shepherd, the director of a rival summer camp. Nikolai Nikolaeff signed on to the series as the camp’s food-, sex- and weed-loving maintenance guy.
- Goldberg, Lesley (Jaunuary 6, 2013). "NBC Orders 13-Episode 'Camp' Dramedy for Summer". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Bibel, Sara (April 15, 2013). "NBC Sets Premiere Dates for Summer Series 'Save Me', 'Camp', 'American Ninja Warrior' & More". TV by the Numbers. Zap2it. Retrieved April 15, 2013.
- Goldberg, Lesley (February 25, 2013). "'Brothers & Sisters' Alum Rachel Griffiths to Star in NBC Summer Series 'Camp'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- "Development Update: Monday, February 25". The Futon Critic. February 25, 2013. Retrieved February 26, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 27, 2013). "Mary Elizabeth Ellis To Star In CBS’ Greg Garcia Pilot, ‘Camp’ & ‘Rage’ Add To Casts". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 28, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 28, 2013). "CBS’ ‘Hostages’, NBC’ ‘Camp’ Add To Casts". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved March 1, 2013.
- Andreeva, Nellie (February 13, 2013). "Order For NBC Summer Series ‘Camp’ Reduced". Deadline Hollywood. Retrieved February 26, 2013.