|Slogan||Junior Blind's Camp Bloomfield provides children and youth who are blind, visually impaired or multi-disabled with a natural and safe environment to develop self-esteem, build independence and fully experience the joys of the great outdoors.|
|Location||Malibu, California, U.S.|
|Operating season||Summer sessions June - August, other activities offered year-round|
Camp Bloomfield is a 45-acre (180,000 m2) campground in the Santa Monica Mountains near Malibu, California, United States. In 1958, Henry Bloomfield purchased the land, donating its use to Junior Blind of America for a camp providing children and youth who are blind, visually impaired or multi-disabled with a natural and safe environment to develop self-esteem, build independence and fully experience the joys of the great outdoors. The largest of its kind in the Western United States, Camp Bloomfield serves hundreds of campers and family members free of charge each summer and is accredited by the American Camping Association (ACA).
Camp Bloomfield's dedicated staff is made up of 40 camp counselors who come from all over the world. The counselors undergo a week of intensive training to ensure they are fully equipped to meet campers' needs and provide them with the most enriching experiences possible. Additionally, a registered nurse is onsite at all times.
Activities at camp include:
- Overnight camping in teepees
- Climbing wall activities
- High ropes course
- Horseback riding
- Interaction with animal life
- Beach trips
- Campfire skits and activities
- Group discussions for learning
- Learning to care for self and others
- Learning about responsibility and leadership
- Elementary Camp
- Friday, June 20 - Tuesday, June 24, 2014 (Grades 2-5)
- Middle School Camp
- Thursday, June 26 - Tuesday, July 1, 2014 (Grades 6-8)
- Family Camp #1
- Thursday, July 3 - Monday, July 7, 2014 (All Ages)
- High School Camp
- Thursday, July 10 - Tuesday, July 15, 2014 (Grades 9-12)
- Family Camp #2
- Saturday, July 26 - Tuesday, July 29, 2014 (All Ages)
- Multi-Disabled camp
- Thursday, July 31 - Sunday, August 3, 2014 (All Ages)
- Adult Camp
- Friday, August 8 - Tuesday, August 12, 2014 (All Ages)
- In 1985, Camp Bloomfield was featured in the film Mask, which told the true story of former Camp Bloomfield counselor Rocky Dennis.
- Camp Bloomfield is the largest camp serving those who are blind or visually impaired the Western United States.