|Directed by||Roger Duchowny|
|Written by||Bennett Tramer (Story & teleplay)
Rich Melcombe (Story)
G. Gordon Liddy
|Music by||Michael Cruz|
|Editing by||Larry Harris|
|Release date||September 23, 1990|
|Running time||93 min|
The family film served primarily as a vehicle to cast a variety of stars from popular TV series of the era, including John Ratzenberger (Cheers), Brian Robbins (Head of the Class), Chad Allen (My Two Dads), Candace Cameron (Full House), Josh Saviano and Danica McKellar (both of The Wonder Years), Jaleel White (Family Matters), Dorothy Lyman (Mama's Family) and Sherman Hemsley (Amen). The film is also notable for including an early starring role for Jennifer Aniston before she became particularly well known, as well as a supporting role for Breckin Meyer and the comedy acting debut of G. Gordon Liddy.
The movie is set at a summer camp run by former accountant Marvin Schector (John Ratzenberger). Much of the plot focuses on the endless pranks and mishaps that the campers and counselors get up to. Amongst this backdrop there are also two subplots involving a camp inspection gone awry and a budding romance between two of the counselors – Roger Burke (Brian Robbins) and Marvin's daughter Ava Schector (Jennifer Aniston).
Among the campers are sweethearts Frankie (Chad Allen) and Amber (Candace Cameron), rebellious Lindsey (Danica McKellar), nerdy Max (Josh Saviano), hip Dennis (Jaleel White) and his love interest, Jennifer (Tasha Scott). The group becomes involved in such adventures as getting lost in the woods, making a rap video to promote the camp, and finally putting their differences aside to track down Lindsey when she runs away after learning of her parents' impending divorce.
- John Ratzenberger as Marvin Schector
- Brian Robbins as Roger Burke
- Jennifer Aniston as Ava Schector
- Chad Allen as Frankie Calloway
- Candace Cameron as Amber Lewis
- Danica McKellar as Lindsay Scott
- Josh Saviano as Max Plotkin
- Tasha Scott as Jennifer
- Jaleel White as Dennis Brooks
- Dorothy Lyman as Millie Schector
- Richard Herd as Thornton Bradley
- G. Gordon Liddy as Howard Sloan
- Sherman Hemsley as Herbert Himmel
- Lauren Tewes as Mrs Scott
- Breckin Meyer as Cody
- John Snee as Troy
- Patrick Thomas O'Brien as Virgil
- Kari Whitman as Patty
- Melanie Shatner as Wendy
- Dion Zamora as Chuck
- Rachel Verduzco as Tita
- Kate Finlayson as Wrangler
- Misty McCoy as Courtney Parker
- Risa Schiffman as Louise Bradley
- "Television Listings: TELEVISION THE WEEK AT A GLANCE A GUIDE TO NOTABLE SHOWS, SEPT. 21 TO 27.". Entertainment Weekly. 1990-09-21.
- movies.nytimes.com overview
- Engstrom, John (1990-08-10). "DOING THE RAITT THING". Boston Globe.