|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Years active||2002–2014 (as Camp Freddy)|
|Associated acts||Guns N' Roses, The Cult, Jane's Addiction, The Panic Channel, Velvet Revolver, Ozzy Osbourne, Godsmack, Linkin Park, Stone Temple Pilots|
|Past members||Scott Weiland
Camp Freddy, Was a hard rock group of established musicians who played rock and roll covers at various shows around America from 2002 through 2014 under the name Camp Freddy, The band consisted of core members Matt Sorum (drums) Dave Navarro (guitars), Billy Morrison (guitars), ] Donovan Leitch, Jr. (vocals), Chris Chaney (bass guitars),. Each performance featured guest performances from many respected musicians.
The band's name is derived from a character in the film The Italian Job. Guitarist Billy Morrison described them as: "...not a band, but it is also way more than a jam session. Camp Freddy is an ‘Occasional Happening’, a freak of (Hollywood) nature."
Scott Weiland was a core member and vocalist for the band from March 2006 until April 2008, when his decision to leave Velvet Revolver for Stone Temple Pilots caused tension between Matt Sorum and Weiland. His departure from the group was announced on the April 2, 2008 edition of Camp Freddy Radio. Camp Freddy, with producer Mike Clink, were reportedly recording an album which would mirror their live shows, with guests performing on each track. So far, two tracks have been released: Cheap Trick's "Surrender" and Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody". In 2009, Billy Morrison stated that "there will be a record. One day! When we all get around to finishing what we started."
On Saturday evenings, band members - usually Morrison and Navarro - hosted a radio show from 6:00-8:00 on the Los Angeles based Indie 103.1 FM radio station. In January 2014 " The band's final show was on December 31, 2013.
- Matt Sorum -drums, vocals
- Dave Navarro - lead guitar (2002–present)
- Billy Morrison - rhythm guitar (2002–present)
- Donovan Leitch, Jr. - lead vocals (2002–present)
- Chris Chaney - bass (2004–present)
Recurring Guest Members
- Slash - backing guitar
- Sebastian Bach - lead vocals
- Sully Erna - lead vocals, backing guitar
- Chester Bennington - lead vocals
- Mike Shinoda - lead vocals, backing guitar
- Corey Taylor - lead vocals
- Greg Dulli - lead vocals
- Scoggs, Sara. "Setting Up Camp: Drummer Matt Sorum Tells Buzznet About Camp Freddy's Origins". Buzznet.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Lindsay, Andrew. "Interview: Billy Morrison (Camp Freddy)". stereokill.net. Retrieved 2011-07-08.