|This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2011)|
Camp Freddy performing with Mark Mcgrath
|Origin||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Associated acts||Circus Diablo, The Cult, Jane's Addiction, The Panic Channel, Velvet Revolver, Sugar Ray, Limp Bizkit, Godsmack, Linkin Park|
Donovan Leitch, Jr.
|Past members||Scott Weiland
Camp Freddy is a group of established musicians who play rock and roll covers at various shows around America. The band is composed of core members Dave Navarro (guitar), Billy Morrison (guitar), Matt Sorum (drums), Donovan Leitch, Jr. (vocals) and Chris Chaney (bass). Each performance features guest performances from many respected musicians.
The band's name is derived from a character in The Italian Job movie. Guitarist Billy Morrison describes them as: "...not a band, but it is also way more than a jam session. Camp Freddy is an ‘Occasional Happening’, a freak of (Hollywood) nature."
Scott Weiland was a core member and vocalist for the band from March 2006 until April 2008, when his decision to leave Velvet Revolver for Stone Temple Pilots caused tension between Matt Sorum and Weiland, leading to his departure from the group being announced on the April 2, 2008 edition of Camp Freddy Radio.
Camp Freddy, with producer Mike Clink, have been recording an album which will mirror the live shows, with guests performing on each track. So far, two tracks have been released: Cheap Trick's "Surrender" and Slade's "Merry Xmas Everybody". In 2009, Billy Morrison stated that "there will be a record. One day! When we all get around to finishing what we started."
- Dave Navarro - lead guitar (2002–present)
- Billy Morrison - rhythm guitar (2002–present)
- Matt Sorum - drums, percussion (2002–present)
- Donovan Leitch, Jr. - lead vocals (2002–present)
- Chris Chaney - bass (2004–present)
Recurring Guest Members
- Mark McGrath - lead vocals
- Fred Durst - lead vocals
- Slash - backing guitar
- Sebastian Bach - lead vocals
- Sully Erna - lead vocals, backing guitar
- Chester Bennington - lead vocals
- Corey Taylor - lead vocals
- Mike Shinoda - lead vocals, backing guitar
- Scoggs, Sara. "Setting Up Camp: Drummer Matt Sorum Tells Buzznet About Camp Freddy's Origins". Buzznet.com. Retrieved 2012-11-06.
- Lindsay, Andrew. "Interview: Billy Morrison (Camp Freddy)". stereokill.net. Retrieved 2011-07-08.