The series' title card
|Country of origin||Canada|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||52 (104 segments) (list of episodes)|
|Running time||22 minutes (11 minutes per short)|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||July 4, 2013– present|
Camp Lakebottom is a Canadian animated series produced by 9 Story Media Group that premiered on Teletoon in Canada on July 4, 2013 and on Disney XD in the United States on July 13, 2013. The series airs on Disney Channels worldwide, as well as ABC in Australia.
McGee boards the wrong summer camp bus and has all sorts of adventures in a camp called Camp Lakebottom, while trying to protect the camp from his nemesis Jordan Buttsquat at Camp Sunny Smiles.
Cast and characters
- McGee (voiced by Scott McCord): Described as being a 12-year-old daredevil and mastermind, McGee is a thrill seeker whose curiosity often leads him to act before he thinks. He has a habit of ignoring the counselor's warnings and as a result constantly gets himself and his friends into trouble, but it is his eager mind which always gets them back out as well. This has led him to developing the catchphrase "Probably should've thought that through." Out of all of the campers he is the most intrigued and tolerant of Camp Lakebottom, being fascinated by all of its potential sources of fun and adventure. He is a self-proclaimed master of pranks, as revealed in "Pranks for Nothing", but his pranks are actually quite lame.
- Gretchen (voiced by Melissa Altro): She is a girl who is described as being anything but "sugary sweet", she is sardonic and indifferent about everything. Her lack of enthusiasm is made up with her sharp, critical tongue. With a black belt in karate, and an intolerance toward wrongdoing, Gretchen is not a girl you want to mess with. However underneath the tough exterior she has a huge heart, and secretly wishes she could be like any normal girl (though she would never ever reveal this). Her catchphrase is "Ya think?!" usually said to McGee when a plan has gone away and he points out the obvious. She is revealed to have a severe phobia of chipmunks in "Cheeks of Dread".
- Squirt (voiced by Darren Frost): McGee's best buddy. He is always cheerful, and a friend to all living things, even if they're trying to kill him. He has befriended just about every monster ever to set foot in Camp Lakebottom. While his omnibenevolence sometimes comes in handy in dealing with the monsters that constantly appear, his ignorance often makes him susceptible to control from several villains, the most prominent example being "Mindsuckers From the Depths" where an evil, giant leech attaches to his head and mind-controls him. In "Late Afternoon of the Living Gitch" it's revealed he has worn the same pair of underwear all his life.
- Sawyer (voiced by Cliff Saunders): A lovable zombie, with a multipurpose tool taking the place of his left hand, which is frequently a chainsaw. He is one of the camp's counselors, and the one who usually accompanies the kids on their adventures. As a zombie, his head and limbs constantly fall off, but can be reattached. He has distanced himself from the stereotype that zombies are mindless monsters who hunger for brains and has revealed that he has a heart (quite literally as he takes it out of his chest), he has vowed to look after the human campers, and often acts as a grandfatherly figure to them. He serves as the camp's handy man, and has constructed bizarre inventions over the course of the series, including a Frankenstein's Monster in "Frankenfixer". In "Zombie Dearest" Sawyer is revealed to have a zombie mother who acts like a stereotypical brain eating zombie, who Sawyer abandoned out of defiance to her habits.
- Armand (voiced by Adrian Truss): A sasquatch with a passion for the performing arts, and dreams of becoming an actor. He is another one of the camp's counselors. While he is usually very kind, easygoing, and quite difficult to anger, the rare instances in which he has, have proven to be dangerous to everyone's safety. The episode "Marshmallow Madness" reveals that he has an severe addiction to marshmallows, he will be driven into an unstoppable, hunger-filled rage if he is ever in close proximity to the delicacies.
- Rosebud (voiced by Jonathan Wilson): A short, bitter woman with a German accent, who serves as the camp's cook and the final counselor. She takes pride in her cooking, however her meals are not only inedible, but frequently threaten the lives of the campers. She is known to use whatever foul things she manages to find as ingredients in her meals. Squirt appears to be the only one who enjoys her cooking. She is the strictest counsellor, and is least tolerant of McGee's antics, however underneath it all she means well.
- Jordan Buttsquat (voiced by Carter Hayden): Buttsquat is the spoilt-rich son of the owner of "Camp Sunny Smiles" (Lakebottom's rival camp) and McGee's nemesis. He serves as the main antagonist of the series, constantly going to Camp Lakebottom in attempt to wreck the rival camp, or to mock the Bottom Dwellers' poor living conditions by showing off some new, fancy, high-tech item available at his camp. However Buttsquat is severely lacking in the intellectual department and McGee is able to outsmart him every time, which will lead him to say the reoccurring catchphrase "I will have revenge." McGee has saved Buttsquat's life on the many occasions his nemesis has been threatened by the various monsters, but he never displays gratitude afterwards.
- Suzi (voiced by Bryn McAuley): McGee's older sister, who is a pageant queen, and became queen of "Sunny Smiles" on her first day. She is Gretchen's nemesis, who has held a grudge against her ever since she beat to Gretchen in a beauty pageant contest. She has a crush on Buttsquat, and often accompanies him in his schemes to thwart Lakebottom. She always refers to McGee as "Baby Bruv", and while the two siblings sometimes bicker, they are usually shown to care for each other. Despite having less evil intent than Buttsquat, there are several occasions where she has posed as a far huger threat and danger to everyone's safety, as she has a tendency to get entangled by one of the supernatural monsters or phenomena that have appeared. Examples of this include: "Stage Fright" where she uses stage bad luck and inadvertently summons an evil spirit which possesses her and nearly destroys Lake Bottom. Another example is "28 Suzis Later" where she is cloned by a mystical mud, causing the camp to be overrun by Suzi clones.
- Slimy: A gigantic octopus like creature who lives in the lake, and the most frequent appearing reoccurring character in the series. While he terrified the campers on their first appearance by grabbing them and tossing them in the air, it's revealed he actually wants to play with them. He later becomes quite good friends with the campers, especially Squirt, and will often provide them with fun by tossing them into the air when they're swimming so that they can dive. He obeys any of the counselors, and will quite often aid the campers during their adventures involving the lake. Only his tentacles are shown, so it is unknown what his body looks like.
|Season||Episodes||Original air date|
|First aired||Last aired|
|1||26||July 4, 2013||October 30, 2014|
|2||26||March 2, 2015||TBA|
Season 1 (2013–14)
- All episodes are directed by Phil Lafrance and Jamie Leclaire.
|Title||Written by||Original air date|
|1a||1a||"Escape From Camp Lakebottom"||Shelley Hoffman, Robert Pincombe & Steve Stefanelli||July 4, 2013|
|McGee, Gretchen and Squirt arrive at Camp Lakebottom to find themselves held captive by a hungry zombie, a raging Sasquatch and a ruthless chef.|
|1b||1b||"Rise of the Bottom Dwellers"||Shelley Hoffman, Robert Pincombe & Steve Stefanelli||July 4, 2013|
|McGee and Buttsquat compete to see whose camp is best, but a race up Mt. Fittoblow triggers a volcano that could wipe out Lakebottom.|
|2a||2a||"Late Afternoon of the Living Gitch"||Shelley Hoffman & Robert Pincombe||July 11, 2013|
|When Squirt's stinky underwear is washed in toxic cleanser, the gitch comes alive and leads the rest of the laundry on a campaign of terror.|
|2b||2b||"Mindsuckers From the Depths"||Shelley Hoffman & Robert Pincombe||July 11, 2013|
|When a huge, evil leech attaches itself to Squirt's skull, he turns into a super-genius bent on world domination.|
|3a||3a||"Jaws of Old Toothy"||Laurie Elliott||July 18, 2013|
|When Sawyer closes the beach because of a giant, raging fish, McGee vows to rid the lake of Old Toothy.|
|3b||3b||"Arachnattack"||Dave Dias||July 18, 2013|
|Despite Rosebud's ban on pets, Squirt brings home a baby monster spider, but it quickly webs up the camp in a cocoon of silk for a spidery meal.|
|4a||4a||"Cluck of the Were-Chicken"||Andrew Harrison||July 25, 2013|
|When a hulking were-chicken stalks the camp, McGee must lead the hunt to prove his innocence.|
|4b||4b||"Gnome Force"||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstien||July 25, 2013|
|Buttsquat captures one of Rosebud's garden gnomes and McGee couldn't care less until a squad of garden gnome commandos takes the counselors hostage.|
|5a||5a||"Stage Fright"||Shelley Hoffman & Robert Pincombe||August 1, 2013|
|The Bottom Dwellers stage Armand's awful play but a jealous Suzi unleashes an evil curse on the production.|
|5b||5b||"Frankenfixer"||Doug Hadders||August 1, 2013|
|McGee and the kids decide to help Sawyer out with his to-do list and end up finishing off the zombie's Frankenstein monster.|
|6a||6a||"Cheeks of Dread"||Andrew Harrison||August 15, 2013|
|Gretchen must confront her greatest and cutest fear when the Bottom Dwellers are trapped on Screech Island with a camper eating chipmunk.|
|6b||6b||"Doo Doo Doomsday"||Laurie Elliott||August 15, 2013|
|McGee's eagerness for presents almost destroys the biggest monster holiday of the year when he ruffles the feathers of the magical Permadactyl.|
|7a||7a||"Marshmallow Madness"||Doug Hadders & Adam Rotstien||August 29, 2013|
|The campers are threatened when Armand goes into a marshmallow frenzy. But they eat the marshmallow bushes and has mushroom lumps that when itch it will create more marshmallow bushes.|
|7b||7b||"28 Suzis Later"||Dave Dias||August 29, 2013|
|McGee and the Bottom Dwellers are hopelessly outnumbered when Suzi moves to Camp Lakebottom along with her posse of 'mean girl' mud replicas.|
|8a||8a||"Pranks for Nothing"||Sean Kalb||September 5, 2013|
|McGee releases a mischievous pixie.|
|8b||8b||"Zombie Dearest"||Shelley Hoffman||September 5, 2013|
|Sawyer's brain-eating mother arrives in Camp Lakebottom, much to Sawyer's dismay.|
|9a||9a||"Terror From the Toybox"||Sean Kalb||September 12, 2013|
|Buttsquat's teddy bear falls to the bottom of Lake Icky Gloomy and is exposed to radiation, giving it brainwashing abilities.|
|9b||9b||"Slimeball Run"||Richard Clark||September 12, 2013|
|Eager to win Buttsquat's awesome new racer, McGee challenges him to a cross-Lakebottom race with the cars and Camp Lakebottom at stake.|
|10a||10a||"Bite of the Buttsquat"||Scott Oleszkowicz||September 26, 2013|
|When Buttsquat suddenly becomes cool, McGee is immeadiately suspicious.|
|10b||10b||"Sword of Ittibiticus"||Scott Oleszkowicz||September 26, 2013|
|The gang finds a frozen Minotaur.|
|11a||11a||"It's a Headless Horse, Man"||Jeremy Winkels||October 3, 2013|
|McGee is thrilled when he wins a mounted horse head, until the horse head's evil body starts stealing the Bottom Dwellers noggins in a rodeo rampage.|
|11b||11b||"Voyage to the Bottom of the Deep"||Shawn Kalb||October 3, 2013|
|McGee, Squirt and Gretchen go into an old submarine and find themselves in an underground version of Camp Lakebottom.|
|12a||12a||"Pirates of Ickygloomy"||Scott Oleszkowicz||October 17, 2013|
|While playing Pirates on a shipwreck the Bottom Dwellers must battle the ghost Spitbeard the Pirate, who is determined to win back his ship.|
|12b||12b||"Attack of the 50-Foot Squirt"||Richard Clark||October 17, 2013|
|After eating a rare plant, Squirt grows into a hulking giant-and a target for Buttsquat, who wishes to use Squirt's massive size to his advantage.|
|13a||13a||"Bloody Marty"||Kurt Firla||October 24, 2013|
|McGee, Squirt and Gretchen release Bloody Marty from the Mirror World.|
|13b||13b||"Ghost in the Mower"||Miles Smith||October 24, 2013|
|The Bottom Dwellers summon a ghostly Groundskeeper to help take care of their overgrown soccer field.|
|14a||14a||"Trouble in Spit Creek"||Aron Dunn||July 3, 2014|
|During a game of frisbee, McGee and Buttsquat get lost in the forest for what feels like days and must work together to survive the terrors of the forest and make it back to camp safely.|
|14b||14b||"The Spy Who Squatched Me"||Shawn Kalb||July 3, 2014|
|The Bottom Dwellers discover that Armand was once a secret agent when they visit his old hideaway at the top of a mountain. His old nemesis comes back to face him one last time in a battle of wits and dance moves.|
|15a||15a||"Ants in Our Camp"||Jenn Cowan||July 10, 2014|
|When McGee mistakenly concocts a spray that shrinks the campers to ant size, they meet a friendly blue ant who agrees to help them navigate their way through this now dangerously giant world and return to normal.|
|15b||15b||"Fanboy Freakout"||Anita Kapila||July 10, 2014|
|McGee is desperate to win a hovercraft and enters a photo of Armand into a Sasquatch photo contest, but soon the gang must save Armand from a crazy Sasquatch-napper.|
|16a||16a||"Are You My Mummy?"||Richard Clark||July 17, 2014|
|The Campers and Buttsquat come across an ancient pyramid inhabited by mummies! The kids are soon sent running for their mommies when Gretchen is mistaken for the missing Queen.|
|16b||16b||"Slimey Come Home"||John Slama||July 17, 2014|
|Something big is lurking in Lake Icky Gloomy and causing trouble for Buttssquat. Quick to blame the problems on Slimey, McGee and the gang must prove Slimey's innocence.|
|17a||17a||"The Superfantastic Mega-Buds"||Heather Jackson||August 7, 2014|
|After touching a glowing orb from outer space, McGee, Gretchen and Squirt get special powers.|
|17b||17b||"It Came From My Nose"||Shelley Hoffman||August 7, 2014|
|After a sneezing fit, McGee is hunted by a giant booger that wants to return home to his nose.|
|18a||18a||"McGee. T"||Evan Thaler Hickey||August 28, 2014|
|McGee befriends a frog-like alien creature that crash lands near Camp Lakebottom.|
|18b||18b||"The Great Tiki Hunt"||Shawn Kalb||August 28, 2014|
|McGee and his friends find an old Tiki idol and accidentally unleash an ancient Tiki deity. Although the deity initially seems nice, he soon gives the campers the "honor" of being his prey in the Great Tiki Hunt.|
|19a||19a||"Camp Plantbottom"||Greg Lawrence||September 4, 2014|
|Its Suzis birthday and McGee ate her gift. Desperate to find her another gift, McGee grows a mutant plant using Rosebuds special fertilizer.|
|19b||19b||"Game Over"||Robert Pincombe & Shelley Hoffman||September 4, 2014|
|20a||20a||"Clockwork Slime"||Stephen Senders||September 11, 2014|
|20b||20b||"Ride the Haunted Howler"||Jennifer Daley||September 11, 2014|
|21a||21a||"Buttastic Journey"||Shawn Kalb||September 18, 2014|
|21b||21b||"Monkey See, Monkey Kung Fu"||Anita Kapila||September 18, 2014|
|22a||22a||"Red Drawn"||Miles Smith||October 2, 2014|
|22b||22b||"Pandora's Jock"||Evan Thaler Hickey||October 2, 2014|
|23a||23a||"Ring Around the Gretchen"||Kurt Firla||October 16, 2014|
|23b||23b||"Chilli Con Carnage"||Sean Cullen||October 16, 2014|
|24a||24a||"Valley of the Iguanasquat"||Robert Pincombe & Shelley Hoffman||October 30, 2014|
|24b||24b||"The Legend of Wiggly's Gold"||Sean Cullen||October 30, 2014|
|25a||25a||"McGee the Mermaid"||Elmer Cannon|
|The kids accidentally resurrect an evil mermaid who floods the camp in her first step toward world domination.|
|25b||25b||"Welcome to Buttcon"||Laurie Elliot|
|When McGee, Gretchen and Squirt sneak into Buttsquat's Sunny Smilers comic-con, it's not long before they start acting out scenes from their favorite sci-fi show.|
|26a||26a||"High Plains Garbage Eater"||Greg Lawrence|
|It’s Western Week at camp and the gang finds themselves in the middle of a good ol’ fashioned show down with mutant raccoons, over garbage.|
|26b||26b||"Dream a Little Scream"||Robert Pincombe & Shelley Hoffman|
|The Monsters tuck the Campers in to bed and warn them of the devious mosquito Dream Weevil. Taking the myth to heart McGee finds himself in a wild dream where he learns to overcome his fears and protect his friends from the Dream Weevil.|
Season 2 (2015)
|Title||Written by||Original air date|
|27a||1a||"Adventures in Bottomland"||March 2, 2015|
|27b||1b||"Golem My Way"||March 2, 2015|
|28a||2a||"S.P.U.D.S."||March 9, 2015|
|28b||2b||"Monster Hunters R Us"||March 9, 2015|
|29a||3a||"Golfadoom (Unfairway of Doom)"||March 16, 2015|
|29b||3b||"There Is Something About Mamba"||March 16, 2015|
|30a||4a||"Eclipsalypso"||March 23, 2015|
|30b||4b||"Apocalypse Squirt"||March 23, 2015|
|31a||5a||"Itchy Witchy Pizza Project"||March 30, 2015|
|31b||5b||"Breakout From Buttvault B"||March 30, 2015|
|32a||6a||"Scare-a-Normal Activity"||March 30, 2015|
|32b||6b||"Beast Feast"||March 30, 2015|
- "9 Story Show details - Camp Lakebottom". 9story.com. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "TELETOON dives into summer with new original series CAMP LAKEBOTTOM". 9 Story Entertainment. June 19, 2013. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Disney XD Zooms Into a "Non-Stop Summer" Beginning Monday, June 17". The Futon Critic. June 13, 2013. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- Wolfe, Jennifer (June 23, 2014). "Disney XD Picks Up Season Two of ‘Camp Lakebottom’". awn.com. Animation World Network. Retrieved November 3, 2014.
- "9 Story Gets Season Two Order for ‘Camp Lakebottom’". Animation Magazine. Animation Magazine. Retrieved 2013-07-07.
- "Camp Lakebottom - Episode Guide". MSN. Retrieved November 2, 2014.
- "Scare-A-Normal Activity; Old Man and the Beast". Zap2it. Retrieved March 25, 2015.