Campbell County, Wyoming
|Campbell County, Wyoming|
Location in the state of Wyoming
Wyoming's location in the U.S.
|• Total||4,802 sq mi (12,437 km2)|
|• Land||4,797 sq mi (12,424 km2)|
|• Water||5 sq mi (13 km2), 0.10%|
|• Density||10/sq mi (3.71/km²)|
According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the county has a total area of 4,802 square miles (12,437.1 km2), of which 4,797 square miles (12,424.2 km2) is land and 5 square miles (12.9 km2) (0.10%) is water.
- Sheridan County, Wyoming - west
- Johnson County, Wyoming - west
- Converse County, Wyoming - south
- Weston County, Wyoming - east
- Crook County, Wyoming - east
- Powder River County, Montana - north
- Interstate 90
- U.S. Highway 14
- U.S. Highway 16
- Wyoming Highway 50
- Wyoming Highway 51
- Wyoming Highway 59
- Wyoming Highway 450
- Wyoming Highway 387
National protected area
As of the census of 2000, there were 33,698 people, 12,207 households, and 9,008 families residing in the county. The population density was 7 people per square mile (3/km²). There were 13,288 housing units at an average density of 3 per square mile (1/km²). The racial makeup of the county was 96.06% White, 0.15% Black or African American, 0.93% Native American, 0.32% Asian, 0.09% Pacific Islander, 1.12% from other races, and 1.34% from two or more races. 3.53% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race. 30.3% were of German, 11.4% English, 11.0% Irish, 8.5% American and 6.2% Norwegian ancestry according to Census 2000.
There were 12,207 households out of which 43.10% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.80% were married couples living together, 8.80% had a female householder with no husband present, and 26.20% were non-families. Of 12,207 households, 785 were unmarried partner households: 675 heterosexual, 52 same-sex male, and 58 same-sex female.
20.20% of all households were made up of individuals and 3.90% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.16.
In the county the population was spread out with 31.00% under the age of 18, 9.50% from 18 to 24, 32.30% from 25 to 44, 21.90% from 45 to 64, and 5.30% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 105.60 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 104.10 males.
The median income for a household in the county was $76,576, and the median income for a family was $53,927. Males had a median income of $41,814 versus $21,914 for females. The per capita income for the county was $20,063. About 5.60% of families and 7.60% of the population were below the poverty line, including 7.70% of those under age 18 and 12.40% of those age 65 or over.
- National Register of Historic Places listings in Campbell County, Wyoming
- Tom Lubnau, Speaker of the Wyoming House of Representatives
- "Find a County". National Association of Counties. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- Long, John H. (2006). "Wyoming: Individual County Chronologies". Wyoming Atlas of Historical County Boundaries. The Newberry Library. Retrieved 2011-09-06.
- Urbanek, Mae (1988). Wyoming Place Names. Missoula, MT: Mountain Press Publishing Company. ISBN 0-87842-204-8.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Campbell County Website
- National Register of Historic Places listing for Campbell Co., Wyoming
- Campbell County Observer Website
||Powder River County, Montana|
|Sheridan County and Johnson County||Weston County and Crook County|