|Town of Campo, Colorado|
|— Town —|
|Baca County and the state of Colorado|
|State||State of Colorado|
|Incorporated||March 6, 1950|
|• Type||Statutory Town|
|• Total||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|• Land||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||4,344 ft (1,324 m)|
|• Density||1,500/sq mi (375/km2)|
|Time zone||MST (UTC-7)|
|• Summer (DST)||MDT (UTC-6)|
|GNIS feature ID||0196360|
Campo is located at .
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 0.1 square miles (0.26 km2), all of it land.
As of the census of 2000, there were 150 people, 55 households, and 44 families residing in the town. The population density was 1,086.4 people per square mile (413.7/km²). There were 79 housing units at an average density of 572.2 per square mile (217.9/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 95.33% White, 3.33% Native American, and 1.33% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 4.67% of the population.
There were 55 households out of which 40.0% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 70.9% were married couples living together, 5.5% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.0% were non-families. 18.2% of all households were made up of individuals and 10.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.73 and the average family size was 3.11.
In the town the population was spread out with 30.7% under the age of 18, 4.7% from 18 to 24, 25.3% from 25 to 44, 22.7% from 45 to 64, and 16.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 38 years. For every 100 females there were 105.5 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 92.6 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $20,875, and the median income for a family was $21,375. Males had a median income of $19,167 versus $19,375 for females. The per capita income for the town was $7,818. There were 33.3% of families and 45.6% of the population living below the poverty line, including 73.2% of under eighteens and 8.3% of those over 64.
Appearances in film
The town was used as a location for a scene in the 1982 film Savannah Smiles.
- Outline of Colorado
- State of Colorado
- "Active Colorado Municipalities". State of Colorado, Department of Local Affairs. Retrieved 2007-09-01.
- "Colorado Municipal Incorporations". State of Colorado, Department of Personnel & Administration, Colorado State Archives. 2004-12-01. Retrieved 2007-09-02.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- *USA Today article on small town speed traps
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Campo, Colorado|