Campobasso railway station
|View of the passenger building|
|Address||Piazza Vincenzo Cuoco 13-21
|Distance||84.311 km (52.388 mi)
87.206 km (54.187 mi)
|Opened||5 August 1883|
|Manager||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana
Campobasso railway station (Italian: Stazione di Campobasso) serves the city and comune of Campobasso, in the region of Molise, southern Italy. Opened in 1883, it is a junction of three lines, to Benevento, Isernia and Termoli, respectively.
The station is currently managed by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). However, the commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
Campobasso railway station is situated at Piazza Vincenzo Cuoco, close to the city centre.
The station has a passenger building arranged on multiple levels. It houses the ticket office, waiting room, a kiosk, a restaurant and the headquarters of the Railway Police.
The station is attended, and therefore has a room for the management of train movements.
In the station yard are three through tracks used for passenger services. These tracks are served by two platforms and connected by a pedestrian underpass.
Passenger and train movements
The station has about one million passenger movements each year. The majority of the passengers use the Termoli–Vairano railway; the Benevento–Campobasso railway has relatively little traffic.
All passenger trains passing through the station stop there. The station is also the originating or terminating point of many trains. The main destinations are Termoli, Roma Termini, Napoli Centrale, Benevento and Pescara Centrale.
- History of rail transport in Italy
- List of railway stations in Molise
- Rail transport in Italy
- Railway stations in Italy
- Alessandro Tuzza and others. "Prospetto cronologico dei tratti di ferrovia aperti all'esercizio dal 1839 al 31 dicembre 1926" [Chronological overview of the features of the railways opened between 1839 and 31 December 1926]. Trenidicarta.it. Alessandro Tuzza. Retrieved 26 December 2010. (Italian)
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website. Centostazioni. Retrieved 4 December 2010. (Italian)
Media related to Campobasso railway station at Wikimedia Commons
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.