A camporee is a local or regional gathering of Scouting units for a period of camping and common activities. Similar to a camporee, a jamboree occurs less often and draws units from the entire nation or world.
The Pathfinder Club also promote large camps called "camporees". The camporees the Pathfinder Club are divided into three levels: Conference, Union and International (Held in Oshkosh,Wisconsin every five years). The camporees are the biggest events of interaction between Pathfinder clubs around the world.
Boy Scouts of America
In the Boy Scouts of America, districts or councils may hold a camporee once or twice a year. Typically, the camporee involves scout patrol competitions, with events such as: hiking preparedness, fire building, knot tying, first aid, emergency preparedness, pioneering, citizenship, patrol mystery event (team building), outdoor cooking, camping or orienteering. Some camporees also integrate work on merit badges. The camporee may be centered around a central theme such as living history, horsemanship, aquatics, shooting sports, a historical trail, a service project, and most recently Geocaching. Camporees often have a campfire program with awards and presentations, skits and songs. Camporees also may have a service project that helps the hosting facility. Typical service projects could be pruning trees, spreading mulch, clearing brush, trail repair, tree planting or trash pick up.
The scouts usually camp, compete and cook by patrol. The patrol will have a patrol name, patrol flag, patrol cheer or yell and a patrol leader. Patrols are usually made of six to eight scouts, a patrol duty roster is made and posted so patrol responsibilities are rotated, like: head cook, assistant cook, cleanup, KP, fire builder, and water duty.
Councils sometime use the term camporall or scoutoree for a council level camporee, or they may use a unique name. A Scoutorama is a show of Scouting activities, when combined with a camporee; it may be called a camporama.In some southern councils Scoutorama is replaced by "Scout Show". $2 Tickets or $10 discount card are sold by units to promote Scout Show to the public,and to help raise money for individual units.
The Order of the Arrow is the national honor society of the Boy Scouts of America, which is a recognized group of scouts that have displayed high enthusiasm and performed at high skill throughout their scouting careers. The Order of the Arrow often helps hold the event or will be leaders for part of the event, like the campfire or hike in. In doing so this gives older boy scouts new leader opportunities.
Girl Scouts of the USA
The campers attending a camporee are usually between the ages of six and ten when they are old enough to be away from their home and family for a weekend, but too young to go camping on their own.
Activities at a Girl Scout camporee are oriented towards building character and leadership while having fun and helping the community at the same time. They might include: earning a patch or badge verifying that they improved skills in a certain area, playing a variety of games, having a traditional bonfire with skits and snacks, and doing a community service project.
The camporees Pathfinder, are sponsored by the Seventh-day Adventist Church. They are organized around large camps, often in parks or land granted by the town hall-host the event. At these locations, the Pathfinders riding across the infrastructure so that your clubs are parked and can participate in the proposed activities, and often punctuated with awards, for organizing the event. Among the many activities, competitions are held Bible and music, parades united order, similar to military parades, and sometimes there are activities of a socio-environmental involving the entire local community. The main goal is to take the camporee Adventist youth to have a closer relationship with God
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, Camporee
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, US Jamboree
- BSA The Summit, US Jamboree
- Scouting.org World Jamboree
- Camporis. Desbravadores -Site oficial da DSA
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, camporee events
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, BSA Patrols
- Troop 218 Camp Duty Roster
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, Patrol duty roster
- BSA web site, Prairie Hills Scout-O-Ree
- Southern Sierra Council, Camporall 2010
- Times Press Recorder, ‘Scout-O-Rama’ marks BSA’s 102nd anniversary, By Gina Potthoff
- Orange County Council, Scout-O-Rama
- U.S. Scouting Service Project, Order of the Arrow History
- BSA web site, The Order of the Arrow, Scouting’s National Honor Society
- Mikanakawa Lodge 101, Order of the Arrow, Council-wide Camporee
- Palo Alto Girl Scout Service Unit, Camporee
- Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia , Centennial Camporee 2012
- Campanha “Ajude Filipe” recebe apoio dos desbravadores. by:Surgiu: é notícia!
- Manual do Conselheiro - XIV Campori APS - Escalada Radical. by:Associação Paulista Sul