Campton Hills, Illinois
|Township||Campton & Plato|
|Area||16.99 sq mi (44 km2)|
|- land||16.91 sq mi (44 km2)|
|- water||0.08 sq mi (0 km2)|
|- summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|Postal code||60183 & 60175|
|Area code||630 & 847|
|Wikimedia Commons: Campton Hills, Illinois|
The village was established on May 14, 2007 by incorporating 20.3 square miles of Campton and Plato townships. The incorporation followed an April 17 referendum in which 55 percent of voters approved incorporation. Several areas on the village's boundaries disconnected within the first year of incorporation, taking advantage of less restrictive requirements imposed by state statute during that period. As of August 2009, the village comprises 17.16 square miles (44.4 km2).
The village is served by three school districts. The majority is served by St. Charles Community Unit School District 303 while the northern end is served by Central Community Unit School District 301. Kaneland Community Unit School District 302 serves the far southwest portion of the village.
The current President and one of the founders of the village is Patsy Smith.
According to the 2010 census, the village has a total area of 16.99 square miles (44.0 km2), of which 16.91 square miles (43.8 km2) (or 99.53%) is land and 0.08 square miles (0.21 km2) (or 0.47%) is water.
- Presecky, William (2007-05-15). "Kane County's newest village is born". Chicago Tribune.
- The Chicago Tribune reports 222 square miles (570 km2), which would constitute over 40% of the county's area. Supporters' own profile says 20.3 square miles (53 km2).
- Illinois Compiled Statutes, 65 ILCS 5/7‑3‑1
- CF Geographics LLC, official village map
- "2010 Census U.S. Gazetteer Files for Places - Illinois". United States Census. Retrieved 2012-10-13.