Can't Go Back (Fleetwood Mac song)
|"Can't Go Back"|
|Single by Fleetwood Mac|
|from the album Mirage|
|Fleetwood Mac UK singles chronology|
"Can't Go Back" is a song by British-American rock group Fleetwood Mac. It was written and performed by guitarist Lindsey Buckingham for the 1982 album Mirage, the fourth issued by the band with Buckingham as main producer.
In the UK, the track was released as the follow-up to the Top 10 hit "Oh Diane" and became the fourth single to be released from the Mirage album in April 1983. It was released on 7" and 12", with the 12" format including "Tusk" and "Over and Over" from the 1979 album Tusk, and "Rhiannon" from 1975 album Fleetwood Mac. It did not perform well on the UK Singles Chart and stalled at #83.
Despite being released as a single, "Can't Go Back" is yet to be included on any retrospective of Fleetwood Mac material, therefore, it can so far only be found on its parent album Mirage.
- Mick Fleetwood - double tracked drums, castanets, sleigh bells, maracas
- John McVie - bass guitar
- Christine McVie - keyboards
- Lindsey Buckingham - guitars, vocals, keyboards
- The Great Rock Discography, 6th Edition, Martin C. Strong. ISBN 1-84195-312-1.
- Chartstats.com for UK chart information.
|This 1980s rock song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|