|Single by Kelly Rowland|
|from the album Simply Deep|
|Released||February 4, 2003
(see Release history)
|Format||CD maxi single, ringtone,
12" single, CD single, Cassette
The Hit Factory
(New York City, New York)
|Length||3:53 (radio edit)
4:04 (album version)
|Writer(s)||Rich Harrison, Robert "Syke Dyke" Reed, Tony Fisher|
|Kelly Rowland singles chronology|
"Can't Nobody" is an song performed by American singer Kelly Rowland. Penned and produced by Rich Harrison for Rowland's solo debut album Simply Deep (2002), it incorporates elements of Trouble Funk's 1982 record "Let's Get Small", written by band members Robert "Syke Dyke" Reed and Tony Fisher.
The song was released as the album's third single during the first quarter of 2003 and although it widely failed to match the success of its predecessors "Stole" and "Dilemma", "Can't Nobody" reached the top 5 in the United Kingdom, and the top 20 in Australia, Denmark, the Netherlands, and Ireland. The song is Rowland's eighth most successful international solo single to date, behind "Dilemma", "When Love Takes Over", "Stole", "Work", "Commander", "Like This" and "Invincible".
- 1 Song information
- 2 Music video
- 3 Formats and tracklistings
- 4 Credits and personnel
- 5 Charts and Certificates
- 6 Release history
- 7 References
- 8 External links
"Can't Nobody" was the first song producer and songwriter Rich Harrison worked on through his deal with Sony and the first song ever finished with a Destiny's Child member. In contrast to his own production style and major parts of Simply Deep – which generally featured mid-tempo tracks and wide influences by pop and rock music – the track includes a beat driven but poppy and radio-friendly instrumental, involving elements from "Let's Get Small", a song written by Robert Reed and Tony Fisher and performed by Trouble Funk.
In the lyrics, Rowland describes an infatuation as she tries to convince the object of desire of her charms and advantages, singing lines such as: "I'm so real, so soft to touch, my love my kiss so sweet, glorious ..."
Even though Rowland didn't perform the single during official promo appearances and the video received minor airplay only, "Can't Nobody" did comparatively well on the charts. In Europe and Australia the Simply Deep single once again saw success, entering the top ten on the majority of the charts it appeared on, reaching number five on the UK singles chart and top twenty on the Australian ARIA chart. The single became Rowland's ninth best selling solo single in the UK (as of November 2011). In the United States the song received little commercial response, when it debuted and peaked at number ninety-seven on the U.S. Billboard Hot 100 and number seventy-two on the U.S. Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Singles & Tracks.
The video was directed by Benny Boom and was shot in January 2003 at night. Rowland is waiting outside of the nightclub Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles for her love interest, who is surprising her with tickets for the club.
The music video is available on the European Maxi-Single as an enhanced video element as well as on the Japanese edition of the DVD Destiny's Child World Tour and the 2004 Wal-Mart exclusive limited Destiny's Child-DVD titled "Fan Pack".
Formats and tracklistings
These are the formats and track listings of major single-releases of "Can't Nobody."
International CD single I
International CD single II
Australian CD single
UK CD single I
UK CD single II
UK Cassette single
US CD Promo
US 12" Single
US 12" Single Promo
US 12" Hot Urban Mixes Promo
US 12" Hot Dance Mixes Promo
UK 12" Single
UK 12" Single
Credits and personnel
Charts and Certificates
|United States||February 4, 2003|
|World||March 18, 2003|
|United Kingdom||May 26, 2003|
- Taken from the videocountdown "Kelly Rowland's Official Top 10", broadcast 10 December 2011 on MTV Music UK (http://www.unrealitytv.co.uk/x-factor/kelly-rowland%E2%80%99s-official-top-10-coming-to-mtv & http://www.theofficialcharts.com/our-partners/)
- "Tommy2.net". Tommy2.net. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Home | Sony Music Entertainment". Sonymusic.com.au. 2011-07-18. Retrieved 2012-02-09.
- "Australian-charts.com – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody". ARIA Top 50 Singles.
- "Ultratop.be – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody" (in Dutch). Ultratop 50.
- "Ultratop.be – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody" (in French). Ultratop 50.
- "Danishcharts.com – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody". Tracklisten.
- "Chart Track". Irish Singles Chart.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Dutchcharts.nl – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody" (in Dutch). Mega Single Top 100.
- "Charts.org.nz – Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody". Top 40 Singles.
- "Kelly Rowland – Can't Nobody – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart.
- "Kelly Rowland" UK Singles Chart.
- "Kelly Rowland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot 100 for Kelly Rowland.
- "Kelly Rowland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Pop Songs for Kelly Rowland.
- "Kelly Rowland Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs for Kelly Rowland.
- "ARIA Charts – Accreditations – 2003 Singles". Australian Recording Industry Association. Retrieved 21 May 2013.