Can't You See (The Marshall Tucker Band song)
|"Can't You See"|
|Single by The Marshall Tucker Band|
|from the album The Marshall Tucker Band|
|Released||1973 (Original release)
|Genre||Southern rock, country rock|
|The Marshall Tucker Band singles chronology|
"Can't You See" is a song written by Toy Caldwell of The Marshall Tucker Band. The song was originally recorded by the band on their 1973 debut album, The Marshall Tucker Band, and released as the album's first single. It was re-released in 1977 and peaked at number 75 on the Billboard Hot 100. The song was also featured in the Johnny Depp film Blow, in a 2011 commercial for Busch Beer and a 2012 ad for tourism in Gatlinburg, Tennessee.
A live version of the song is included as the final track on the band's 1975 album, Searchin' for a Rainbow.
Waylon Jennings version
|"Can't You See"|
|Single by Waylon Jennings|
|from the album Are You Ready for the Country|
|B-side||"I'll Go Back To Her"|
|Waylon Jennings singles chronology|
"Can't You See" was covered by American country music artist Waylon Jennings for his 1976 album Are You Ready for the Country. Jennings' version was released as the album's first single in July 1976 and peaked at number 4 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles chart. It also reached number 1 on the RPM Country Tracks chart in Canada.
- Hank Williams, Jr. covered "Can't You See" for his album Hank Williams, Jr. and Friends in 1975.
- The Minglewood Band of the Canadian Maritimes covered "Can't You See" from their self-penned 1979 album, which became a much-requested staple of its live act.
- The Charlie Daniels Band covered "Can't You See" for their 1981 live album Volunteer Jam VII and the 1999 album Tailgate Party.
- Alabama covered "Can't You See" for their 1988 Alabama Live album with Jeff Cook on lead vocals.
- The Zac Brown Band, along with Kid Rock, covered "Can't You See" on their 2010 live benefit album, Pass the Jar.
- Black Stone Cherry covered the song on their 2011 album Between the Devil and the Deep Blue Sea.
- Poison covered the song on their album Poison'd in 2007
- The Allman Brothers Band covered the song live with Kid Rock in 2009.
The Marshall Tucker Band
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||8|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||75|
|Canadian RPM Top Singles||57|
|Canadian RPM Adult Contemporary||39|
|U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles||4|
|U.S. Billboard Hot 100||97|
|Canadian RPM Country Tracks||1|
Zac Brown Band with Kid Rock
|U.S. Billboard Bubbling Under Hot 100||11|
"(I'm A) Stand by My Woman Man"
by Ronnie Milsap
|RPM Country Tracks
October 2, 1976
"All I Can Do"
by Dolly Parton
|This 1970s country song–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|