Can I Trust You with My Heart
|"Can I Trust You With My Heart"|
|Single by Travis Tritt|
|from the album T-R-O-U-B-L-E|
|Released||November 30, 1992|
|Writer(s)||Travis Tritt, Stewart Harris|
|Travis Tritt singles chronology|
"Can I Trust You With My Heart" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music singer Travis Tritt. It was released in November 1992 as the second single released his CD T-R-O-U-B-L-E. The song reached the top of the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks (now Hot Country Songs) chart. The song was written by Tritt and Stewart Harris.
The narrator first explains how special it is in falling in love with a person of the opposite sex, and the difficulties that can occasionally arise with it. He then elaborates on his own relationship with a significant other and goes on to explain that while he has developed a trust in her, he wonders if that trust is good enough to advance in spending the remainder of his life with her, especially if their relationship will ultimately result in marriage.
The music video was directed by Jack Cole, and is almost entirely in black and white, save for a love scene in a motel room which is in color.
As listed in liner notes
- Sam Bacco - tympani, cymbals, crotale, tambourine
- Mike Brignardello - bass guitar
- Larry Byrom - acoustic guitar
- Terry Crisp - baritone steel guitar
- Jack Holder - electric guitar
- Bill Livsey - Hammond organ, Harmonium
- Dana McVicker - background vocals
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins - piano
- Steve Turner - drums
- Billy Joe Walker, Jr. - acoustic guitar, slide guitar
- Reggie Young - electric guitar & solo
The song debuted at number 62 on the Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart dated December 5, 1992. It spent twenty weeks on that chart and reached Number One on the chart dated February 13, 1993, remaining there for two weeks, marking Tritt's third Number One.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||13|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||33|
- Billboard, November 28, 1992
- T-R-O-U-B-L-E (CD). Travis Tritt. Warner Bros. Records. 1992. 45048.
- "RPM Country Tracks." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. February 27, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Travis Tritt Album & Song Chart History" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Travis Tritt.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1993". RPM. December 18, 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
- "Best of 1993: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1993. Retrieved August 5, 2013.
"Too Busy Being in Love"
by Doug Stone
|Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks
February 13-February 20, 1993
"What Part of No"
by Lorrie Morgan
|RPM Country Tracks
February 27, 1993
"Take It Back"
by Reba McEntire