Canada–Malaysia relations refers to bilateral foreign relations between the two countries, Canada and Malaysia. Canada has a high commission in Kuala Lumpur, and Malaysia has a high commission in Ottawa. Both countries are full members of the Commonwealth of Nations. Canada have a long history of close and friendly bilateral relations with Malaysia and also was the first country to recognize Malaysia independence.
Science and technologies
Canada and Malaysia also strengthening ties in sectors such as aerospace, green technology, agriculture, transport, oil and gas.
Canada's trade relationship with Malaysia includes commerce across several sectors. Malaysia also are one of the Trans-Pacific Strategic Economic Partnership members which Canada join on 2012.
- ^ "High Commission of Canada to Malaysia". Government of Canada. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ "Official Website of High Commission of Malaysia, Ottawa". Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Malaysia. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ a b "Canada-Malaysia Relations". Government of Canada. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ "Canada's Governor-General, in Malaysia, discusses strengthening ties in science, technology". EurekAlert!. 2011-11-15. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ "Bright prospects for Malaysia-Canada bilateral trade". The Star. 2012-02-14. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ "Potential High For Expanding Canada-Malaysia Relations". Bernama. 2009-07-24. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- ^ "Canada joins Trans-Pacific Partnership negotiations" (Press release). 2012-06-20. Retrieved 2013-01-09.