Canada national women's cricket team
|This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2012)|
|First recorded match||2 September 2006 v Bermuda at Beacon Hill Park, Victoria, Canada|
|As of 05.01.2012|
The Canadian women's national cricket team is the team that represents the country of Canada in international women's cricket matches. They made their international debut in September 2006 in a three match series of one-day games against Bermuda to decide which team would represent the Americas region in the Women's Cricket World Cup Qualifier in Ireland in 2007. Canada started well, with a five wicket win in the first win - Game1, but Bermuda came back with 24 run win in the second - Game2. The third game went down to the wire, with Bermuda triumphing by just 3 runs - Game3.
In 2007 Canada won the inaugural ICC Americas Championship held in Toronto, Canada. They recorded victories over Argentina and Bermuda. They also played an exhibition game against Trinidad and Tobago under-17s.
In 2009 Canada successfully defended the ICC Americas Championship in Florida, United States, with wins in the T20 portion of the competition over Argentina and Bermuda. Following this, they defeated the United States and had a washout versus Argentina which left them atop the points table.
In 2010 a regional qualifier was held in Toronto Canada between Canada and the United States. Canada lost all three 50 over matches, Game1, Game 2, Game3 resulting in the United States qualifying for the World Cup qualifier held in Bangladesh 2011. Canada did however win both T20 games held following the qualifier, Game1, Game2
In 2012 the ICC Americas T20 Women's Championship was held in the Cayman Islands. Canada registered wins over Brazil, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, and Argentina. The final match versus the United States was a washout, resulting in Canada winning the tournament with a superior net run rate.
Canada now look to 2013 where they will be representing the Americas in the T20 World Cup Qualifiers.
- Suthershini Sivanantham (Montreal, Quebec) – Captain
- Mikaela Turik (NSW, Australia) – Vice Captain - NSW Combines
- Saniyah Zia (Toronto, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC and Toronto Ladies CC
- Mahwish Khan (Toronto, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC
- Monali Patel (Kitchener, Ontario) - Tranzac CC and Kaisoca Ladies CC
- Kamna Mirchandani (Toronto, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies Cricket Club
- Durriya Shabbir (Mississauga, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC
- Hala Azmat (Missisauga, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC
- Lorraine Kenton (Toronto, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC
- Vijayani Vithanage (Winnipeg, Manitoba) - Winnipeg Juniors
- Sheryl Tittlemier (Winnipeg, Manitoba) - MCA U19
- Kim Coulter (Victoria, British Columbia) - Wicket Maidens Cricket Club
- Joanna White (Victoria, British Columbia) - Wicket Maidens Cricket Club
- Maree Wilson (Napier, New Zealand) - Napier Tech
- Coach : George Codrington
- Manager : Abigail Rajkumar
- Trainer : Allison Dawson
Alternates : Natasha Springett (Pickering, Ontario) - Kaisoca Ladies CC and Toronto Ladies CC, Nicole Gallagher (Waterdown, Ontario) Superstars Sports Club