|Parent company||Transat A.T.|
Kathryn Munro – Managing Director
The company is based in the UK, and employs more than eighty people in two offices located in London (Head Office) and Glasgow.
On 14 July 2006, Canadian Affair was acquired by Transat A.T. for £20.4 million (approximately C$42.8 million). The deal enabled Transat’s airline Air Transat to be used to fly Canadian Affair passengers thereby securing seat sales for its flights to Canada. The agreement was made between Transat A.T. and The Airline Seat Company which trades as the Canadian Affair brand.
Transat A.T. is an international tour operator and holiday travel specialist based in Montreal. The company own twenty business units in eight countries, providing services to sixty destinations. Transat operates mainly in Canada, Europe, Caribbean, Mexico and the Mediterranean Basin. Transat is also active in air transportation, destination services and distribution.
Canadian Affair has a small team of eighty four staff in London and Glasgow. Some of its key people include:
- Kathryn Munro - Managing Director
- Lee McCrossan - Product Director
- Chris Hedley - Operations Director
- Aoife Judge - Communication & Marketing Director
Canadian Affair offers flights from: London, Manchester, Birmingham and Glasgow (United Kingdom) as well as Dublin and Shannon (Ireland) to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Halifax, Edmonton, Calgary and Vancouver through its flights with Air Transat.
Canadian Affair has been recognised with several awards over the past decade, including the Consumer Favourite Tour Operator Award, which it has won for the past five years at the British Annual Canada Travel Awards.
Other awards include:
- 2012 - CIMTIG Best Travel TV Advert
Canadian Affair is top of the Most Popular TV Advert of the Year poll launched by Chartered Institute of Marketing (CIMTIG)
- 2011 - Best Tour Operator to Canada
- 2010 - Best Tour Operator to Canada
- 2009 - Consumer Favourite Tour Operator
- 2009 - Consumer Favourite Ski Operator
- 2008 - Consumer Favourite Tour Operator
- 2008 - Consumer Favourite Ski Operator
- 2007 - Consumer Favourite Tour Operator
- 2007 - Outstanding Contribution to the Promotion of Canada
- 2006 - Tourism Contribution to the province of Alberta
- 2005 - Best Direct Sale Tour Operator
- 2004 - Best Direct Sale Tour Operator
- 2003 - Best Canada Website
- 2002 - Best Canada Website
Since 2006, Canadian Affair has sponsored Canada Day London. Each year Canada Day is celebrated at Trafalgar Square, London, where live Canadian acts, food stalls and day long celebrations take place.
- "Canadian Affair". AviationJobSearch.com. Simply Jobs Boards. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Ratification of the Agreement in Principle with Air Transat Pilots". Aviation Canada. 5 October 2010.
- "Chris Hedley". LinkedIn. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- British Travel Awards. "Past Accolades".
- "Earn 1.28% cash-back when you purchase through Times Cashback with Canadian Affair". Times Cashback. The Times.
- Transat (29 July 2010). "Canadian Affair hits the slopes with more choice for winter 2010/11".
- "Rocky" (11 September 2010). "The Metro: A Mix of Cultural Flavours, Halifax NS". Canada Trip.
- "Winners at British Annual Canada Traval Awards". Easier. 16 March 2007.
- "Canadian Affair vouchers". 123vouchercodes.co.uk. Retrieved 2012-04-01.
- "Transat A.T. Inc. Acquires British Tour Operator Canadian Affair". PR Newswire Europe.