Canadian Securities Course
The Canadian Securities Course (CSC) offered by Canadian Securities Institute (CSI Global Education inc, a Moody's Analytics company) is the entry course required for becoming licensed to work within the Canadian securities industry as a securities registered representative for a securities broker, known as a dealer member.
The CSC can also be used to satisfy the educational requirement necessary to be licenced to sell mutual funds in Canada, as set out by the Mutual Fund Dealers Association.
The CSC consists of two exams and must be completed within 1 year of registration in the course. The course requires between 150-200 hours of study.
- The Canadian Investment Marketplace
- The Economy
- Features and Types of Fixed-Income Securities
- Pricing and Trading of Fixed-Income Securities
- Common and Preferred Shares
- Equity Transactions
- Financing and Listing Securities
- Corporations and their Financial Statements
- Fundamental and Technical Analysis
- Company Analysis
- Introduction to the Portfolio Approach
- The Portfolio Management Process
- Mutual Funds
- Segregated and Hedge Funds
- Other Managed and Structured Products
- Canadian Taxation
- Working with the Retail Client
- Working with the Institutional Client