Canadian University of Dubai
|This article relies on references to primary sources. (December 2013)|
|الجامعة الكندية دبي
Canadian University of Dubai
|Motto||Your portal to Canadian education|
|President||Dr. K. Chelli|
|Location||Al Satwa, Dubai, United Arab Emirates|
The Canadian University of Dubai, Also known as CUD for short, is one of the few Canadian universities in the United Arab Emirates. Located in the heart of the city on Sheikh Zayed Rd, CUD was founded in 2006. The Canadian University of Dubai is the best choice for anyone hoping to get a Canadian education or transfer to Canadian universities. Programs are offered within 5 different schools, with some programs such as in the School of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology leading to future opportunities as researchers within the University. The Canadian University of Dubai has an Office of Research Services that is networked with the top engineering research centers in Canada. Any program at the Canadian University of Dubai requires at least a 60% average, while individuals can apply with 50% and above to be placed on a wait list and possibly offered probationary acceptance.
The Canadian University of Dubai has five schools within it. While post-graduate programs are offered separately.
a) School of Architecture and Interior Design
- The School of Architecture and Interior Design offers two Bachelor programs, Bachelor of Science in Interior Design, and Bachelor of Architecture. Both degrees in this School take approximately 4-5 years, and the first two years of study are the same within the school, allowing students the flexibility of changing between programs should they choose to prior to the commencement of the third year.
b) School of Business Administration
- The School of Business Administration  offers five programs, four of which are four year programs, categorized under the Bachelor of Business Administration degree, with differing specialists; Marketing, Human Resource Management, Accounting and Finance and E-Business. An Associates degree in Marketing is also available as a 2 year program.
c) School of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology
- The School of Engineering, Applied Science and Technology  offers two specialist degrees, The first being in Bachelor of Science in Telecommunications Engineering, and the second in Bachelor of Computer and Networking Engineering Technology.
d) School of Environment and Health
- The School of Environment and Health  offers two major degrees that train individuals to be proactive and capable even prior to their Masters, the degrees available are ; Bachelor of Science in Environmental Health Management and Bachelor of Science in Health Organization Management.
e) School of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- The School of Liberal Arts and Sciences  offers studies in three different fields, Journalism, Public relations and Advertising, for now however, three degrees, two of which are the same in content but are either achieved in English or Arabic. The Bachelor of Arts in Communication degree is available in the English or Arabic languages and will possibly be increased in the near future. The third degree is a Bachelor of Arts in English Language and Translation.
The Canadian University of Dubai had also announced a new MBA in Islamic Banking in 2011 along with multiple degrees to further suit the needs of the Islamic community. It was originally known as Centennial University of Dubai, but was then changed to Canadian University of Dubai, however, it still maintains its ties with the original Ontario based university and offers students transfer programs after their 2nd year.
Official UAE university rankings aren't available, however, the most accurate rating is #23 overall for the CUD in the uae