Canadiana is a term referring to things related to the country of Canada. It is most often used to refer to a class of books somewhat wider than Canadian literature because it also includes books about Canada as well as Canadian non-fiction works.
The term is very general for it can include books (non fiction as well as fiction) which do not deal with Canada or Canadians but which were written by Canadians or persons who were Canadians at one point in their life.
One of the specific mandates of the Library and Archives Canada is to collect, organize and make available Canadiana.
- Canadian literature (Canlit)
- Culture of Canada
- Americana – a similar concept in the United States
- Australiana – a similar concept in Australia
- Kiwiana – a similar concept in New Zealand
- Rhodesiana – a similar concept in Rhodesia
- Canadiana.org: A non-profit, cultural NGO with the mandate to locate and preserve early printed Canadian materials. Much of this material is available in digitized format at Early Canadiana Online.
- Peel's Prairie Provinces: A full-text, searchable database of digitized prairie Canadiana, including newspapers and other Western Canadian publications
|This Canada-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|