- Not to be confused with TeleSUR.
|Canal Sur Televisión|
|Type||Broadcast television network|
|28 February 1989|
Canal Sur ("South Channel") is part of Radio y Televisión de Andalucía (RTVA), the public broadcasting company of Andalusia. It was created by means of the devolved powers given to this region by Act of Parliament by its statute of autonomy.
On 28 February 1989 Canal Sur 1 TV was launched as the public broadcaster of the Autonomous Community of Andalucía. However, this means that it was funded by the regional government of Andalucía. The Spanish Socialist Workers' Party (PSOE) have always been in power in the region since Spain enjoys democracy. As they control the Andalusian Autonomous Government (Junta de Andalucía) many people have accused the regional government of transforming the channel into the mouthpiece of their party.
Canal Sur's news broadcasts often express views critical of the current Prime Minister of Spain, Mariano Rajoy, and his party, the People's Party (PP).
- Official Site (Spanish)
- Watch Canal Sur
- La Junta Electoral da la razón al PP-A: Canal Sur no es neutral
- La Junta Electoral amonesta a Canal Sur por falta de neutralidad
- Junta Electoral critica el trato de Canal Sur a las protestas contra el PP
- Canal Sur cuela una imagen de Rajoy en un caso de pederastia
|This article about a Spanish television station is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|