|Born||January 1, 1959|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Christy Monroe
|Billed height||5 ft 7 in (1.70 m)|
|Billed weight||127 lb (58 kg)|
|Trained by||Owen Henley
Candace Maria Rummel (born January 1, 1959) is a semi-retired American professional wrestler better known by her ring name Candi Devine (aka Candi Divine). Her sister, Rose Rummel (aka Rose Love and Rose Devine), was also a wrestler.
Born as Candace Rummel, Candi Devine began her wrestling career by running a fan club for Lanny Poffo and working briefly as a ring girl for ICW in Kentucky.
Devine was badly injured in Memphis in 1985, when she and Amy Monroe collided head to head in a monkey-flip, fracturing her jaw and cheek. A lengthy recovery time and plastic surgery became needed to repair the damage and briefly she considered quitting wrestling.
American Wrestling Association
She won a battle royal to fill the vacated title in 1984. Devine competed at the AWA's SuperClash, WrestleRock '86, Battle by the Bay and War in the Windy City cards. She was recognized as champion several times during that time period, mostly being awarded the belt by default as the number one contender (a common practice of the AWA), and trading it with Martel. Her feud with Martel carried over to Wild West Wrestling. She even tagged with Fabulous Lance aka Lance Von Erich against Martel and Iceman King Parsons.
She was very active in the AWA in late 1989 and throughout 1990 as part of the Team Challenge Series, wrestling in mixed tag team matches and in singles matches against Wendi Richter and Magnificent Mimi. She won the title the final time on December 6, 1989 when she defeated Judy Martin to determine the new Women's Champion after Richter vacated the belt.
On June 9, 1991, Rockin' Robin defeated Devine to become the first UWF Women's Champion at UWF Beach Brawl, the company's first and only pay-per-view. Devine won the UWF Women's Championship in 1994 after she defeated Tina Moretti, and again in 1996.
Candi Devine occasionally does local shows for LadySports.com and SlamminLadies.com. Devine defeated Bambi on a USWO card on October 14, 2005.
Championships and accomplishments
- Great Lakes Wrestling Association
- GLWA Women's Championship (1 time)
- New Independent Wrestling Association
- NIWA Women's Championship
- New Wrestling Association
- NWA Divas Championship (1 time)
- Ozark Mountain Wrestling
- OMW Women's Championship (1 time)
- Pomales Wrestling Entertainment
- PWE World Women's Championship (3 times)
- Western Ohio Wrestling
- WOW Women's Championship (1 time)
Candi Devine resides in Nashville, where she works as a physical trainer. She sued her long-term boyfriend, former wrestler Tom Burton, in a telecast of Divorce Court before Judge Lynn Toler that was originally aired on March 31, 2009. Devine sued Burton for $630 and accused Burton of running over her beloved cat with his car, killing it, which he denied. Judge Toler ruled in Devine's favor in the amount of $280. She eventually reconciled Burton before he died on March 29, 2010.
- "Candi Devine Profile". Online World of Wrestling. Retrieved 2007-07-13.
- "SLAM! Wrestling News/Rumours". slam.canoe.ca. 2015-01-01. Retrieved 4 January 2015.
A number of New Year's babies to mention: Women's wrestling great Candi Divine, World Class and Mid-South veteran Steve Cox is 56 years old
- "Women Wrestling Video and DVD". Retrieved 2010-10-16.
- "Ladies Honorees". Ladies Award History. CauliflowerAlleyClub.org.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2000). Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.