||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (November 2013)|
Farmer gained a National Diploma and Higher National Diploma in photography at Plymouth Art & Design College.[when?] The course included a module on underwater photography which she has since specialised in. She also studied business studies.[where?]
Farmer had her first exhibition in 2001.[where?]
Farmer has worked commercially for British Airways and provided fashion stills for a PBS documentary on "How Art Made the World". She also worked for the department store Harrods, the skin cream brand Nivea, the supermarket chain Sainsbury's, the British retailer W H Smith, the British retailer FHM, and the fashion magazines Cosmopolitan, GQ, Harper’s & Queen, Vogue, Elle and Marie Claire.
In 2004 Farmer founded the clean drinking water initiative Fresh2o, intended to raise awareness and funding for fresh water projects. As part of her campaign she has created a series of celebrity photographs to highlight the cause, including as models Keira Knightley, Lily Cole, Kelly Brook, Sir Nick Faldo, Nicko McBrain and Tamzin Outhwaite. Supporters also include Janet Jackson, Jay Kay, Will Smith, Ellen Whitaker, Bear Grylls, and Zac Efron.
Candice is a professional diver and accomplished show-jumper, having competed in Switzerland for many years and now in the UK.
- Pukas, Anna (5 March 2013). "There’s something fishy about Kelly Brook". Daily Express. Retrieved 6 March 2013.
- "I'm a celebrity: Get me under here"(subscription required), Katharine Hibbert, The Sunday Times Magazine, 2nd July 2006.
- "Underwater wonders". The Argus (Brighton). 19 March 2013. Retrieved 13 January 2014.
The Uckfield-based photographer
- "How Art Made the World", Episode 1 Production Credits, http://www.pbs.org/howartmadetheworld/series/credits/ "fashion stills"
- "In pictures: Underwater gallery for fresh-water projects", BBC News, 8 March 2013 http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-sussex-21718936
- "Keira Knightley Underwater Photoshoot for Fresh2o", YouTube
- "Water Lily", The Sun, 19 December 2008 http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/showbiz/bizarre/2041024/Supermodel-Lily-Cole-is-pictured-underwater-for-a-fashion-photo-shoot-to-promote-global-fresh-water-campaign-fresh2o.html (subscription required)
- "Kelly Brook highlights water crisis", Stylist Magazine, March 2013