Candice Swanepoel at Victoria's Secret Michigan Avenue Store Hosting "The Nakeds" Launch in Chicago, 2010
20 October 1988 |
Mooi River, Natal Province, South Africa
|Partner(s)||Hermann Nicoli (2005–present)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (55 kg)|
|Hair color||Dyed blonde|
|Measurements||(US) 33-23-34.5; (EU) 84-59-88|
|Dress size||(US) 0-2; (EU) 32-34|
|Shoe size||(US) 8; (EU) 38|
|Manager||Ice Model Management
Why Not Model Agency
Swanepoel's resume includes covers for Australian, Brasilian, Mexican, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Italian Vogue, Brazilian, British, German and South African ELLE, British, South African, Romanian, Mexican and Chinese GQ, American, Turkish, Spanish, Czech and Argentinian Harper's Bazaar, i-D, Lush and Ocean Drive (U.S.) and advertisements for Nike, Diesel, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Tom Ford, Prabal Gurung, Swarovski, Colcci, True Religion, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu, Juicy Couture and Versace. Swanepoel has walked the runway for Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce and Gabbana, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, Giambattista Valli, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Rag & Bone, Oscar de la Renta, Fendi, Chanel, Elie Saab, Diane von Fürstenberg, Sportmax, Betsey Johnson, Stella McCartney, Viktor and Rolf, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior, Blumarine and numerous other designers, as well as for Victoria's Secret since 2007. In addition to appearing in the lingerie brand's commercials, she was a featured model in the 2010 "SWIM" catalog, along with Lindsay Ellingson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Behati Prinsloo and Erin Heatherton.
In 2010, Swanepoel became a Victoria's Secret Angel. Swanepoel modeled for the Kardashians' 2010 swimwear line. On 12 August 2010 Swanepoel officially opened the first Victoria's Secret retail store in Canada, at West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton. In 2013, Swanepoel was named the cover model of the coveted Victoria's Secret Swim Catalogue. In 2013, Swanepoel was chosen to wear the Fantasy Bra at the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show this year. The 10 million dollar bra dubbed the "Royal Fantasy Bra" was created by Mouawad, the bra and matching belt features over 4,200 precious gems, including rubies, diamonds and yellow sapphires set in 18 carat gold with a 52-carat ruby at the center. The "Royal Fantasy Bra" is the most expensive fantasy bra since 2005, named the Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra, worn by Gisele Bündchen.
Swanepoel made her debut at No. 10 on Forbes' The World's Top-Earning Models list, with estimated earnings of $3 million between 2010 and 2011. She was ranked number 9 in 2013 with estimated earnings of $3.3 million.
Swanepoel was born and raised in a small town called Mooi River in Natal Province in then-apartheid South Africa. She is fluent in Afrikaans and Portuguese, which she learned from her boyfriend, Hermann Nicoli, a Brazilian male model. She has been dating him ever since they met in Paris when she was 17.
- Profile at IMG Models
- Solomon, Brian (14 June 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Victoria's Secret Swim Catalog! ETonline.com.
- Supermodel to open Edmonton Victoria’s Secret edmontonjournal.com
- Candice Swanepoel at FHM.com, 2011-02-04.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". forbes. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Derek Blasberg (2012-12-18). "A Candid Interview with the Impossibly Beautiful Candice".
- "Mooiriver magic". Carte Blanche. 2005-05-29. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- Born (New York Magazine) and raised (Daily Mail)
- "'Pretendo morar no Brasil', conta a angel Candice Swanepoel.Confira!" (in Portuguese). 180graus. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Candice Swanepoel para WLM". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "GQ South Africa". Img208.imagevenue.com. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Candice Swanepoel". Ny Mag. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
|Find more about Candice Swanepoel at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|