20 October 1988 |
Mooi River, Natal Province, South Africa
|Partner(s)||Hermann Nicoli (2005–present)|
|Height||5 ft 9.5 in (1.77 m)|
|Measurements||(US) 33-23-34.5; (EU) 84-59-88|
|Dress size||(US) 0-2; (EU) 32-34|
|Shoe size||(US) 8; (EU) 38|
|Manager||Ice Model Management
Why Not Model Agency
Candice Swanepoel (/ / KAN-dis swon-A-pool; born 20 October 1988) is a South African fashion model best known for her work with Victoria's Secret. In 2012, she came in 10th on the Forbes top-earning models list.
Swanepoel's resume includes covers for Australian, Brazilian, Mexican, Greek, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Italian Vogue, Brazilian, British, German and South African ELLE, British, South African, Romanian, Mexican and Chinese GQ, American, Turkish, Spanish, Czech and Argentine Harper's Bazaar, i-D, Lush and Ocean Drive (U.S.) and advertisements for Nike, Diesel, Guess?, Tommy Hilfiger, Tom Ford, Prabal Gurung, Swarovski, Colcci, True Religion, Ralph Lauren, Miu Miu, Juicy Couture and Versace. Swanepoel has walked the runway for Tommy Hilfiger, Dolce and Gabbana, Michael Kors, Donna Karan, Giambattista Valli, Jason Wu, Prabal Gurung, Rag & Bone, Oscar de la Renta, Fendi, Chanel, Elie Saab, Diane von Fürstenberg, Sportmax, Betsey Johnson, Stella McCartney, Viktor and Rolf, Givenchy, Jean Paul Gaultier, Christian Dior, Blumarine and numerous other designers, as well as for Victoria's Secret since 2007. In addition to appearing in the lingerie brand's commercials, she was a featured model in the 2010 "SWIM" catalog, along with Lindsay Ellingson, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, Behati Prinsloo and Erin Heatherton.
In 2010, Swanepoel became a Victoria's Secret Angel. Swanepoel modeled for the Kardashians' 2010 swimwear line. On 12 August 2010, Swanepoel officially opened the first Victoria's Secret retail store in Canada, at West Edmonton Mall, Edmonton. In 2013, Swanepoel was named the cover model of the coveted Victoria's Secret Swim Catalogue. Swanepoel was chosen to wear the "Fantasy Bra" in the 2013 Victoria's Secret Fashion Show. The 10 million dollar bra, named the "Royal Fantasy Bra," was created by Mouawad. The bra and its matching belt featured over 4,200 precious gems, including rubies, diamonds and yellow sapphires set in 18 carat gold with a 52-carat ruby at the center. The "Royal Fantasy Bra" is the most expensive Fantasy Bra since the 2005 "Sexy Splendor Fantasy Bra" worn by Gisele Bündchen.
Swanepoel made her debut at No. 10 on Forbes' The World's Top-Earning Models list, with estimated earnings of $3 million between 2010 and 2011. She was ranked No. 9 in 2013 with estimated earnings of $3.3 million.
Swanepoel was born and raised in Mooi River, South Africa, to an Afrikaner family of Dutch origin. At age 15, she was spotted by a model scout in a Durban flea market. She is fluent in Afrikaans and Portuguese, which she learned from her boyfriend, Hermann Nicoli, a Brazilian male model. She has been dating him ever since they met in Paris when she was 17. She is close friends with fellow African and Victoria's Secret Angel Behati Prinsloo and British model Rosie Huntington-Whiteley.
- Profile at IMG Models
- "Candice Swanepoel pronunciation". Forvo. Retrieved 20 April 2014.
- Solomon, Brian (14 June 2012). "The World's Highest Paid Models". Forbes.com. Forbes.com LLC. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- Go Behind the Scenes of the Victoria's Secret Swim Catalog! ETonline.com.
- Supermodel to open Edmonton Victoria’s Secret edmontonjournal.com
- Victoria’s Secret Fantasy Bra 2013, Candice Swanepoel Fantasy Bra – Style News - StyleWatch - People.com
- Candice Swanepoel at FHM.com, 2011-02-04.
- and Steven Bertoni, Keren Blankfeld (5 May 2011). "The World's Top-Earning Models". forbes. Retrieved 11 May 2011.
- Derek Blasberg (2012-12-18). "A Candid Interview with the Impossibly Beautiful Candice".
- Born (New York Magazine) and raised (Daily Mail)
- "Mooiriver magic". Carte Blanche. 2005-05-29. Retrieved 2008-01-06.
- "'Pretendo morar no Brasil', conta a angel Candice Swanepoel.Confira!" (in Portuguese). 180graus. 29 January 2011. Retrieved 20 August 2011.
- "Candice Swanepoel para WLM". YouTube. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "GQ Girl: Candice Swanepoel". GQ South Africa: 68. May 2010. Retrieved 2011-07-03.
- "Candice Swanepoel". Ny Mag. Retrieved 19 June 2013.
|Find more about Candice Swanepoel at Wikipedia's sister projects|
|Media from Commons|