|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2012)|
|Created by||Vooz Character System|
|Written by||Stuart Kenworthy
|Theme music composer||Simon Russell|
|Country of origin||South Korea|
|No. of seasons||1 (non speak)
3 (non speak)
TV (non speak)
|No. of episodes||52(non speak)
|Executive producer(s)||Carlos Biern
Yoo Kyoung Kim
|Production company(s)||Voozclub Co., Ltd.|
|Original channel||CITV (UK)
Clan TVE (Spain)
EBS (South Korea)
Disney Channel (Southeast Asia)
Italia 1 (Italy)
Global TV (Indonesia)
|Original run||June 9, 2011 – present|
Canimals (lit. Can, Animals) is a South Korean CGI animated television series by Voozclub Co., Ltd. The main characters are Ato, Mimi, Uly, Fizzy, Nia, Oz, Pow, Toki, and Leon. Internationally, the series has aired on UK through Aardman and worldwide through BRB Internacional.
Canimals follows a group of little tin can-like elflike animals that go around rediscovering the world from a different point of view. The Canimals find something new and worthy of attention in the most mundane of things.
Canimals was licensed based on a long-run cartoon series and supported by the creators of Pucca (Voozclub), Wallace & Gromit (Aardman) and Suckers (BRB International). With a spectacular style guide, Canimals has prepared a wide-ranging licensing and merchandising plan set to be launched in conjunction with the series’ TV premiere in 2011.
These Canimals does not speak in first season and they speak and talk clear very well in season 2
- Ato - A happy-go-lucky beagle in a can. He also puts up the Canimals logo in the episode title cards (English voiced by Mark Moraghan).
- Oz - A mischievous Persian cat in a can. She often gets herself into more trouble than she can handle (English voiced by Penelope Wilton).
- Uly - A dimwitted pug in a can. He happily eats anything in sight (US English-dubbed voiced by Owen Wilson and UK English-dubbed by Ben Small).
- Mimi - A bossy poodle in a can. She sometimes attacks the others with her ears (English voiced by Ashley Jensen).
- Pow - A crotchety owl in a can. He will not hesitate to use his hypnosis on others (English voiced by Brendan Gleeson).
- Fizzy - A clumsy Siamese cat in a can. He aspires to have a ninja lifestyle (English voiced by Imelda Staunton).
- Toki - A hyperactive rabbit in a can. He just cannot seem to stay firmly on the ground (English voiced by Hugh Laurie).
- Nia - A timid kitten in a can. She sometimes lets off a sonic scream when frightened (English voiced by Jane Horrocks).
- Leon - An odd chameleon in a can (hence his name). He tries to use his camouflage where he can. (English voiced by Michael Angelis).
- Wooang - a wolf in a can.
- Capri - a lion in a can.
- Pip and Mini Pip - a schizophrenic black cat in a can. Appears in "Can't Blame Me".
- Boco and Cocobos - a giant squirrel in a can leading several smaller squirrels in cans respectively. Appear in "Canned Nuts".
- Koby - a tortoise in a can. Appears in "Chilli Can Carnage".
- Olive - a skunk in a can. Appears in "Trash Can".
- Peng and Gwin - a pair of penguins in cans. Appear in "Mama Can".
- Wooga - a gorilla in a can. Appears in "King Can".
- Zeema - a Speedy Zebra in a can. Appears in "Turbo Can".
- Jakey - a Ostrich in a can. Appears in "Team Can"
- Dory - a Echidna in a can. Appears in "Olympic Can"
- Holly - a Fox in a can. Appears in "Jungle"
- Jonny and Janny - a Two Walrus in a cans. Appears in "Hockey Can"
- Daisy - a Leopard in a can. Appears in "Africa"
- Sommy - a Crab in a can. Appears in "Beach Volleyball"
- Mandy - a Hyena in a can. Appears in "Baseball"
- Lumbo - a Elephant in a can. Appears in "Boxing"
- Tolly - a Guinea Pig in a can. Appears in "Football"
- Jim - a Snake in a can. Appears in "Volleyball"
- Tim - a Crocodile in a can. Appears in "Waterpolo"
- Lina - a Polar Bear in a can. Appears in "Punch Machine"
- Tommy - a Panda in a can. Appears in "Funfair"
- Polka - a Kangaroo in a can. Appears in "Gym"
- Bob - a Koala in a can. Appears in "Marathon"
- Lumpy - a Rhino in a can. Appears in "Fencing"
- Angus & Emily - a Two Frogs in a cans. Appears in "Tennis"
- Welly - a Dragon in a can. Appears in "Castle"
- Komby - a Meerkat in a can. Appears in "Doppelcanner 2"
- Ganloka - a Chicken in a can. Appears in "Dolly Disater 2"
- Mulla - a Dinosaur in a can. Appears in "Happy Trails"
- Spike - a Badger in a can. Appears in "Can Zilla 2"
- Croynda - a Eagle in a can. Appears in "Something Fishy"
- Kelly - a Sheep in a can. Appears in "Buns of Steal"
- Gogglia - a Aardvark in a can. Appears in "Burger"
- Moo - a Cow in a can. Appears in "Farmyard"
- Pokey - a Pig in a can. Appears in "Home Video"
- Teska - a Weasel in a can. Appears in "Cinema"
- Spotty - a Camel in a can. Appears in "Artful"
- Poktia - a Parrot in a can. Appears in "Airport"
- Strippy - a Tiger in a can. Appears in "Air Can"
- Curly - a Liger in a can. Appears in "Hunter Can"
- Poki - a Jaguar in a can.
- Pudsey - a White Dog in a can.
- Loki - a Goat in a can.
- Jess - a Black Cat in a can.
- Roki - a Orange Cat in a can.
- Music of the Night: Toki's interest in listening to a human's MP3 player at night ends up disturbing Uly, Mimi and Leon's sleep.
- Pool Can: It's a hot day and Oz, Mimi, Toki and Ato get the idea of turning a kitchen sink into a swimming pool.
- Can vs. Shell: Fizzy ends up having to battle a hermit crab for a shiny ring that they both like.
- Toki in Love: A jealous Mimi tries everything she can to throw a wrench in the relationship between Toki and a can with a female rabbit on it.
- Uly and the Apple: Uly and Pow fight for the right to an apple tree, though the apples have some unforeseen side effects on Uly...
- Paint Cans: Mimi demands that Oz, Ato and Leon paint a picture of her, though their paintings turn out less than satisfactory...
- Super Can: Fizzy tries his best to imitate a superhero he has seen on the television.
- Kiss and Make Up: The girls (and Uly) hold a beauty pageant to see who can win a sweet trophy.
- Mistake Can ID: The choice is clear for Uly when he finds some money for a vending machine: a chocolate bar or a trapped Mimi...
- School Pet: Nia makes friends with a goldfish, but she must also defend it from a hungry Uly.
- Rocket Can: When their ball is knocked out of reach by Pow, Ato and Toki use a drinks can as a rocket to get it back
- Snow Cans: Ato and Oz find a snow sledge and take it for a ride, but they also have to avoid a snowball rolling their way.
- Can't Blame Me: Mimi and Nia take in a new kitten Canimal, but Ato is convinced that "Pip" is not what he appears to be...
- Can Eats Can: Uly finds paradise in a vending machine, but must also contend with Leon in order to get at the treats inside.
- Canned Nuts: Ato, Toki and Nia stumble upon an urban complex, but a tribe of squirrel Canimals and their boss don't take kindly to their intrusion.
- Can Napper: Mimi and Wooang race across the city to rescue Uly, who has gotten himself trapped in a suitcase.
- Sleeprolling Can: Poor Nia has her work cut out when she has to prevent a sleepwalking Mimi from getting hurt or worse still, being discovered by humans...
- Wasp: Pow ends up being an owl stung when he angers a swarm of wasps.
- Baby Doll: Mimi and Nia try to return a baby doll to its stroller.
- Canimalism: Mimi, Toki and Leon end up running for their lives when Uly views them as food.
- Encanted: Toki and Nia stumble across a magician's magic set, which has some unforeseen effects on Nia...
- Egg roll: With two Canimals, you get egg roll; that is Pow wants to hatch an egg but Leon wants to eat it...
- Shiny Cans: Excluded from playing with Mimi and Nia, Oz uses Uly to get at the equipment the girls are using.
- Dolly Disaster: Nia cannot stop crying when a doll she likes ends up out of reach, so Ato and Oz try to get it back.
- Can of the Castle: Mimi ends up fighting back to reclaim a sandcastle that has been taken over by Oz and Uly.
- Doppelcanner: Leon masquerades as Mimi to get at some cereal when bullied out of his share by Uly.
- Ants & Cans: Uly, Fizzy and Toki end up on the wrong side of a colony of ants that they keep taking food from.
- Vase: Uly, Toki, Leon and Pow end up stuck in a glass vase when they fight over Nia's lollipop.
- Can-oodling: Mimi becomes smitten over a doll of a groom.
- Candid Camera: Nia becomes convinced that Uly is trapped inside a camera.
- Leave Me a Gnome: With Leon's help, Oz plays a prank on Mimi and Nia involving garden gnomes.
- Can-ouflage: Fizzy will try to do anything to get a piece of a muffin Mimi finds, even if it means disguising himself...
- Bully Cans: Bullied by Oz and Toki, Nia snaps and mans a remote-controlled robot to terrorise them.
- Trapped Can: Uly becomes stuck in a teacup and the other Canimals have to free him before he is discovered.
- Once Upon a Can: A fairy tale being read to a child becomes a dream for Mimi...
- Can Can Fly: Toki hops about with some balloons but inadvertently gets Mimi tied up in the string...
- Skater Can: Oz wants a spare roller skate all for herself and will do whatever she can to get it.
- Heavy Jelly: Toki gets himself trapped in a bowl of jelly when it sets, so Mimi, Nia and Uly have to free him before he is discovered by humans.
- Chili Can Carnage: Oz's plan to cook discarded Mexican kebabs by getting Koby to eat hot chillis hits a flaw...
- Trash Can: Ato has a cold and makes friends with a smelly sock puppet. Mimi and Fizzy do all they can to remedy this.
- Can Zilla: One of Oz's pranks, involving some glue, goes haywire when Toki, Nia, Leon and Pow get stuck together.
- Moustak Can: Ato, Toki and Uly find themselves dealing with lots of mousetraps.
- Mama Can: The Canimals all mistake a cake for their various mothers...
- Classroom: The cats and dogs play about in a classroom and meet a goldfish.
- Coffee Cans: Mimi wants the warmth of a cup of coffee all to herself so the boys try to take it any way they can.
- Can Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest: Pow falls in love with the cuckoo of a cuckoo clock
- Wild Can: An accident on Oz's part leaves her, Ato and Nia to run for their lives from Capri.
- Mimi's Birthday: Mimi desperately tries to defend a birthday cake from the other Canimals, thinking it is hers alone.
- Vacumm Can: Fizzy, Leon and Uly get in a tussle with a vacuum and Uly has to be rescued from it.
- King Can: In a fruit factory, the Canimals discover a gorilla Canimal named Wooga, who seems uncontrollable.
- Canimal Magnetism: A simple prank by Leon involving magnets turns sour when Ato becomes increasingly attractive to kitchen utensils
- Florence Nighting Can: Mimi and Nia get the idea of playing doctors and nurses, but Uly, Toki and Leon aren't willing to receive treatment...
Awards and nominations
In the UK, ITV Studios Home Entertainment released Volume 1 on January 29, 2011.