|Origin||New York City|
|Associated acts||Most Precious Blood|
Caninus was a deathgrind band formed as a side project by Most Precious Blood guitarist Justin Brannan, Rachel Rosen, drummer Colin Thundercurry and two female pitbull terriers, Budgie and Basil. They are currently signed to War Torn Records and have three releases, including a split with Hatebeak and a 7" split with death metal band Cattle Decapitation. In 2008 Richard Christy played the drums on an unknown number of songs for Caninus.
On January 5, 2011, Basil, one of Caninus's pit-bulls, died. Basil had been diagnosed with a brain tumor and was euthanized. The band has ended because of the dog's death.
- Basil – vocals
- Budgie – vocals
- Buddy Bronson – bass
- Justin Brannan – guitar
- Rachel Rosen – drums
- Now the Animals Have a Voice, album (2004)
- Caninus/Hatebeak, split (2005)
- Cattle Decapitation/Caninus, split (2005)
- "For Those About To Squawk: Bands With Non-human Singers". Retrieved June 5, 2007.
- Neilstein, Vince. "R.I.P. Basil, Caninus, 2001-2011". metalsucks.net. Retrieved January 5, 2011.
|This article on a heavy metal musician or group is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|