From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up Canis in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Canis may refer to:
- Canis, a genus including dogs, wolves and jackals
- Cornelius Canis (between 1500 and 1510–1561), a Franco-Flemish composer of the Renaissance
- Canis Major, the 'big dog' constellation
- Canis Minor, the 'small dog' constellation.
- Canes Venatici, the hunting dogs
- Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy
- Tau Canis Majoris Cluster, an open cluster of stars
- Canis District in the Ancash Region, Peru
- Canis Resort, the world's first luxury dog hotel located in Freising, Germany
- Latin binomial abbreviations for species
- Sarcoptes scabiei var. canis, a mite subspecies
- Erythronium dens-canis, the dog's tooth violet or dogtooth violet, a small herbaceous flowering plant species native to Europe
- Stercus canis officinale, the dung of dogs or hyenas that has become white through exposure to air used in dressing leather
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Canis.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.