Canmore Nordic Centre Provincial Park is a provincial park in Alberta, Canada, located immediately west of Canmore, 105 km (65 mi) west of Calgary.
The park is situated at the foot of Mount Rundle in the Canadian Rockies, along the Bow Valley and the Trans-Canada Highway, at an elevation of 1,400 m (4,600 ft) and has a surface of 4.5 km2 (1.7 sq mi). It is part of the Kananaskis Country park system.
The Canmore Nordic Centre was originally constructed for the 1988 Winter Olympics. The cross-country skiing, biathlon and cross country skiing part of the Nordic combined events were held there.
The Canmore Nordic Centre provides trails for use by cross-country skiers, mountain bikers, and hikers.
The centre was re-developed for the 2005 Cross-country World Cup and future international events. The Nordic Centre hosts national training camps for Canada's biathlon and cross-country ski teams, in addition to providing winter and summer recreational facilities to the general public. It boasts some 60 km (37 mi) of world-class cross-country and biathlon trail systems designed to meet international Nordic competitive standards. The trails are groomed and trackset to accommodate both classic and skating techniques on the same trail. A 6.5 kilometres (4.0 mi) track is illuminated for night skiing.
The Day Lodge at the Canmore Nordic Centre offers services such as a cafeteria, meeting rooms, maps and information, day lockers, showers, washrooms, equipment rentals, and lessons.
- 1924: Le Tremplin Olympique du Mont, Stade Olympique de Chamonix
- 1928: Around the hills of St. Moritz, Olympiaschanze
- 1932: Intervales Ski-Hill, Lake Placid
- 1936: Große Olympiaschanze
- 1948: Around the hills of St. Moritz, Olympiaschanze
- 1952: Holmenkollen National Arena
- 1956: Lo Stadio della neve, Trampolino Italia
- 1960: McKinney Creek Stadium, Papoose Peak Jumps
- 1964: Toni-Seelos-Olympiaschanze
- 1968: Autrans
- 1972: Makomanai Cross-country site, Miyanomori Jumping Hill
- 1976: Toni-Seelos-Olympiaschanze
- 1980: Intervales Ski-Hill, Lake Placid Olympic Sports Complex Cross Country Biathlon Center
- 1984: Igman Olympic Jumps; Igman, Veliko Polje
- 1988: Canada Olympic Park, Canmore Nordic Centre
- 1992: Tremplin du Praz
- 1994: Birkebeineren Skistadion, Lysgårdsbakkene Ski Jumping Arena
- 1998: Hakuba Ski Jumping Stadium, Snow Harp
- 2002: Soldier Hollow, Utah Olympic Park
- 2006: Stadio del Trampolino, Pragelato Plan
- 2010: Whistler Olympic Park
- 2014: Biathlon & Ski Complex, RusSki Gorki Jumping Center