|Origin||Richmond, Virginia, United States|
|Labels||Season of Mist, Tankcrimes, Forcefield, Robotic Empire|
|Associated acts||Municipal Waste, GWAR, Antietam 1862, Battlemaster, Volture, Parasytic, Iron Reagan|
|Members||Philip "Landphil" Hall
Josh "HallHammer" Hall
Brent "Robert E Legion" Purgason
|Past members||Vic "Con-Vic" Anti
Andy "Weedgrinder" Horn
Nick "Nikropolis" Poulos
Cannabis Corpse is a marijuana-themed death metal band. Cannabis Corpse formed in Richmond, Virginia in 2006 under the Forcefield label. Since then, Cannabis Corpse has released three LPs and one EP. The band features members of Municipal Waste, GWAR, and Antietam 1862. Their name originates from a parody of the name for veteran death metal band Cannibal Corpse. While the Cannabis Corpse songs are fully original, their album and song titles are parodies of many other death metal bands' album and song titles (e.g. "Tube of the Resinated" vs Cannibal Corpse's "Tomb of the Mutilated").
In 1999, bassist/guitarist Philip "Landphil" Hall coined the "Cannabis Corpse" name with his brother Josh "HallHammer" Hall. The original line up had Landphil on vocals and a recruit named John Gonzalez (of Nehema) on guitar. John moved to Hawaii and the band was put on hold until 2006, when Phil bought a multitrack recorder. The brothers, along with Andy "Weedgrinder" Horn recorded a demo for the band, which eventually became Blunted at Birth. Soon thereafter, they were signed as the first band to Richmond, Virginia-based Forcefield Records whose founders were personal friends. Guitarist Nick "Nikropolis" Poulos of the band Parasytic, who was also a friend of the band, was asked to join prior to the first live performance by the band on April 20, 2007.
Brent Purgason joined the band in 2010 prior to the U.S. tour with Hate Eternal. The band would do their first and last shows as a five piece in 2010. Brent left the band temporarily but would continue to fill in when needed. Andy and Nick left the band permanently in late 2011 to pursue other interests in which Phil would take over vocal duties and Brent would return to the band indefinitely.
- Philip "Landphil" Hall – bass, guitars, vocals (2006–present)
- Josh "HallHammer" Hall - drums (2006–present)
- Brent "Robert E. Legion" Purgason - lead guitar (2010–present)
- Previous members
- Vic "Con-Vic" Anti - guitars (2009)
- Guest appearances
- Jeff "Wartom" Bush (2006, guest vocals on "Force Fed Shitty Grass")
- Will "Power" Towles (2006, guest vocals on "When Weed Replaces Life")
- Randy Blythe (Jan. 7, 2012, guest appearance at the 'Cory Smoot Benefit Show' and at the 'Welcome Home Randy Blythe show')
- Tube of the Resinated (2008) - Robotic Empire Records
- Beneath Grow Lights Thou Shalt Rise (2011) - Tankcrimes
- Blunted at Birth (2006) - Forcefield Records
- The Weeding (2009) - Tankcrimes
- Splatterhash (2013) - Split with Ghoul - Tankcrimes
- Furtado, Ryan (June 2011). "Cannabis Corpse". Thrasher. Retrieved 2011-09-24.
- "Ectoplasmic Meltdown Cannabis Corpse Interview". 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Encyclopaudia Metallum: The Metal Archives - Cannabis Corpse". 2011. Retrieved 2011-07-17.
- "Cannabis Corpse in the Studio". Metal Hammer. 2011-04-01. Retrieved 2011-09-22.
- "In the Loop". BBC. Retrieved 2013-11-16.
- "Cannabis Corpse sign with Season Of Mist!". Cannabis Corpse. Retrieved 2013-01-17.