|— Comune —|
|Comune di Cannalonga|
|• Total||17 km2 (7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||570 m (1,870 ft)|
|• Density||67/km2 ( 170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|Patron saint||Saint Turibius of Mongrovejo|
The town was founded between the 9th and 10th century A.D.
According to some people, this name is due to the large number of bamboo-stems (it:canne di bambù) present in the area. According to others the name is referred to an old measure unit called "canna".
Traditional meals include:
- Laane e ciciari (large tagliatelle and chickpeas)
- Fusilli al sugo di castrato (local pasta with tomato sauce and castrated lamb meat)
- Tiano (Easter 'poor man' meal based on pastry with sweetcorn, milk and cheese)
- Pizza chiena (Easter pie based on rice, eggs, cheese and salami)
- Bollito di capra (boiled goat meat based on an old, traditional recipe. Served as a speciality during the festival 'Fiera della Frecagnola')
Special events 
- March 23: Celebration for Turibius of Mongrovejo
- July: Sagra del Fusillo
- July 16: Celebration for Madonna del Carmine.
- 2nd Saturday of September: Fiera della Frecagnola
See also 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: Cannalonga|