Location in the state of Indiana
|• Total||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Land||0.19 sq mi (0.49 km2)|
|• Water||0 sq mi (0 km2)|
|Elevation||525 ft (160 m)|
|• Estimate (2012)||151|
|• Density||710.5/sq mi (274.3/km2)|
|Time zone||EST (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EST (UTC-5)|
|GNIS feature ID||0449631|
Cannelburg is located at (38.669065, -86.999070).
According to the 2010 census, the town has a total area of 0.19 square miles (0.49 km2), all land.
As of the census of 2010, there were 135 people, 57 households, and 41 families residing in the town. The population density was 710.5 inhabitants per square mile (274.3/km2). There were 58 housing units at an average density of 305.3 per square mile (117.9/km2). The racial makeup of the town was 99.3% White and 0.7% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 0.7% of the population.
There were 57 households of which 29.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.6% were married couples living together, 7.0% had a female householder with no husband present, 5.3% had a male householder with no wife present, and 28.1% were non-families. 26.3% of all households were made up of individuals and 14% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.37 and the average family size was 2.85.
The median age in the town was 44.2 years. 21.5% of residents were under the age of 18; 10.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 20% were from 25 to 44; 28.1% were from 45 to 64; and 20% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the town was 53.3% male and 46.7% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 140 people, 51 households, and 42 families residing in the town. The population density was 747.3 people per square mile (284.5/km²). There were 54 housing units at an average density of 288.3 per square mile (109.7/km²). The racial makeup of the town was 100.00% White.
There were 51 households out of which 43.1% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 64.7% were married couples living together, 11.8% had a female householder with no husband present, and 17.6% were non-families. 17.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 5.9% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.75 and the average family size was 3.07.
In the town the population was spread out with 33.6% under the age of 18, 7.1% from 18 to 24, 29.3% from 25 to 44, 19.3% from 45 to 64, and 10.7% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 32 years. For every 100 females there were 94.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 102.2 males.
The median income for a household in the town was $37,917, and the median income for a family was $37,917. Males had a median income of $32,083 versus $16,458 for females. The per capita income for the town was $12,674. There were 20.9% of families and 14.9% of the population living below the poverty line, including 11.8% of under eighteens and none of those over 64.
- "Places: Indiana". 2010 Census Gazetteer Files. United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-04-21.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-12-11.
- "Population Estimates". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- History of Knox and Daviess County, Indiana: From the Earliest Time to the Present; with Biographical Sketches, Reminiscences, Notes, Etc. ; Together with an Extended History of the Colonial Days of Vincennes, and Its Progress Down to the Formation of the State Government. Goodspeed. 1886. p. 705.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.