Canon EOS 100D
|Type||digital single lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.3 x 14.9 mm (1.6x crop factor)|
|Maximum resolution||5,184×3,456 (18.0 effective megapixels)|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up|
|Shutter||1/4000 to 30 sec|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 63-zone SPC|
|Focus areas||9 AF points|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 12800 (expandable to 25600)|
|Flash bracketing||Yes, with external flash|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|Storage||Secure Digital Card
Secure Digital High Capacity
Secure Digital Extended Capacity
|Dimensions||116.8 x 90.7 x 69.4mm (W x H x D)|
|Weight||407 g (body, battery and memory card)|
The Canon EOS 100D, known as the EOS Rebel SL1 in the Americas and EOS Kiss X7 in Japan, is an 18.0-megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera announced by Canon on 21 March 2013. It has been described as the "world's smallest and lightest DSLR camera". It weighs 407 grams including battery and memory card.
The EOS 100D shares a similar set of features with the larger Canon EOS 700D. However, it does have an improved focus tracking system in live view mode called Hybrid CMOS AF II with 80% frame coverage. The 700D has the previous version of Hybrid CMOS AF with much reduced frame coverage.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- DIGIC 5 image processor with 14-bit processing
- 95% viewfinder frame coverage with 0.87× magnification
- 1080p HD video recording at 24p, 25p (25 Hz) and 30p (29.97 Hz) with drop frame timing
- 720p HD video recording at 50p (50 Hz) and 60p (59.94 Hz)
- 480p ED video recording at 30p and 25p
- 4.0 frames per second continuous shooting
- 3.0-inch Clear View II LCD touchscreen with 1.04-megapixel resolution. However, the 100D has a fixed screen, unlike the articulated screen of the 700D (and that camera's immediate predecessors, the 650D and 600D).
- 3.5mm microphone jack for external microphones or recorders
- "Canon EOS 100D launched as 18MP DSLR - News". Trusted Reviews. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Just Announced: The Tiny Canon EOS Rebel SL1 / 100D DSLR Camera". The-digital-picture.com. Retrieved 2013-03-21.
- "Canon EOS 100D - EOS Digital SLR and Compact System Cameras - Canon UK". Canon.co.uk. Retrieved 2013-03-21.