Canon EOS 600D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||CMOS APS-C 22.3 × 14.9 mm (1.6x conversion factor)|
|Maximum resolution||5,184×3,456 (18.0 effective megapixels)|
|Lens||Canon EF lens mount, Canon EF-S lens mount|
|Flash||E-TTL II automatic built-in pop-up|
|Shutter speed range||1/4000 to 30 sec and bulb, 1/200 s X-sync|
|ASA/ISO range||ISO 100 to 6400 (expandable to 12800)|
|Exposure metering||Full aperture TTL, 63-zone SPC|
|Exposure modes||Full Auto, Portrait, Landscape, Close-up, Sports, Night Portrait, No Flash, Program AE, Shutter-priority, Aperture-priority, Manual, Auto Depth-of-field, Movie|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Spot (4% at center), Partial (9% at center), Center-weighted average|
|Focus areas||9 AF points, (f/5.6 cross type at centre, extra sensitivity at f/2.8)|
|Focus modes||AI Focus, One-Shot, AI Servo, Live View|
|Continuous shooting||3.7 frame/s for 34 JPEG or 6 raw frames|
|Viewfinder||Eye-level pentamirror SLR, 95% coverage, 0.85× magnification, and electronic (Live View)|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Flash, Custom|
|WB bracketing||+/- 3 stops for 3 frames|
|Rear LCD monitor||3 in 3:2 color TFT LCD, 1,040,000 dots|
|Storage||Secure Digital Card
Secure Digital High Capacity
Secure Digital Extended Capacity
|Battery||LP-E8 Lithium-Ion rechargeable battery|
|Optional battery packs||BG-E8 grip|
|Dimensions||133.1 mm × 99.5 mm × 79.7 mm|
|Weight||560 g (20 oz) (including battery and card)|
The Canon EOS 600D is an 18.0 megapixel digital single-lens reflex camera, released by Canon on 7 February 2011. It is known as the EOS Kiss X5 in Japan and the EOS Rebel T3i in the Americas. The 600D is the second Canon EOS camera with an articulating LCD screen and supersedes the 550D, although the earlier model was not discontinued until June 2012, when the successor of the 600D, the 650D, was announced.
- 18.0 effective megapixel APS-C CMOS sensor
- Full HD 1080p video recording at 24/25/30 frame/s
- HD 720p and 640×480 video recording at 50/60 frame/s
- 3–10× Digital Zoom in video recording (available only in 1080p).
- One reviewer concluded that this feature takes a 1920×1080 crop from the middle of the sensor frame for the "3×" zoom, but was unable to confirm this with Canon. This feature has not been included in any subsequent models of the Rebel line, or in the EOS M mirrorless camera, but returned with the 2013 release of the EOS 70D.
- DIGIC 4 image processor
- 14-bit analog to digital signal conversion
- 3.0-inch (76 mm) Vari-angle 3:2 aspect ratio LCD articulating screen.
- Live view mode
- Built in flash with Speedlite wireless multi-flash support
- 9 point AF with centre cross-type sensor sensitive at f/2.8
- Four metering modes, using 63 zones: spot, partial, center-weighted average, and evaluative metering.
- Highlight tone priority
- EOS integrated cleaning system
- sRGB and Adobe RGB colour spaces
- ISO 100–6,400 expandable to 12,800
- Continuous drive up to 3.7 frame/s (34 images (JPEG), 6 images (raw))
- SD, SDHC, and SDXC memory card file storage
- Raw and large JPEG simultaneous recording
- Eye-Fi support
- USB 2.0, HDMI interface
- LP-E8 battery
As with many DSLRs and unlike the SLT cameras, the 600D does not have continuous auto-focus while filming video; to keep a moving subject in focus the user must either trigger the auto-focus, as when shooting stills, or track the subject's motion manually.
- Canon EF lens mount
- Canon EF-S lens mount, a subset of the EF mount designed for cameras with APS-C sensors such as the 600D
- Comparison of Canon EOS digital cameras
- "Canon Rebel T3i / EOS 600D announced and previewed". Digital Photography Review. 7 February 2011. Retrieved 7 February 2011.
- Laing, Gordon (April 2011). "Canon EOS 600D / Rebel T3i Movie Mode". CameraLabs.com. Retrieved 4 September 2011.
- Laing, Gordon (April 2011). "Canon EOS 600D / Rebel T3i design and controls". CameraLabs.com. Retrieved 16 October 2011.