Canon EOS 6D
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex camera|
|Sensor||35.8 x 23.9mm CMOS|
|Maximum resolution||(20.2 megapixels)|
|Shutter speed range||30 to 1/4000 s, bulb, 1/180 s X-sync|
|Exposure metering||TTL, full aperture, 63 zones|
|Exposure modes||Full auto, programmed, shutter priority, aperture priority, manual|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Partial, Spot, Center-weighted average|
|Focus areas||11 autofocus points|
|Focus modes||One-shot, AI Servo, AI Focus, Manual|
|Continuous shooting||up to 4.5 frame/s.|
|Viewfinder||Optical pentaprism with 97% coverage and electronic (Live View)|
|ASA/ISO range||100–25600 (expansion up to 102400)|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0 inches (76 mm), 1,040,000 dots|
|Storage||SD (SDHC, SDXC)|
|Battery||Li-Ion LP-E6 Rechargeable (1800mAh)|
|Dimensions||144.5 x 110.5 x 71.2 mm|
|Weight||680 g (24 oz), body only; 755 g (26.6 oz), CIPA standard|
|Optional battery packs||BG-E13 grip allows use of 6 AA cells, a single LP-E6 or two LP-E6 batteries|
The Canon EOS 6D is a 20.2-megapixel full-frame CMOS digital single-lens reflex camera made by Canon. It was publicly announced on 17 September 2012, one day before the start of the Photokina trade show. It was released in late November 2012 with a suggested retail price of US$2,099.00 (body only).
It is equal first with the much pricier Canon EOS-1D X as having the highest Canon camera sensor rating, according to DxO Labs.
The EOS 6D is the first Canon DSLR to feature GPS functions and built in Wi-Fi capabilities, which geotag images and allow files to be uploaded directly to Facebook, YouTube, or Canon Image Gateway; transferred to external devices; or sent to be printed on a Wi-Fi-enabled Canon printer. The wifi capabilities also allow remote control and viewing via many smartphones.  Weighing 770 grams (27 oz), the 6D is also Canon's smallest and lightest full frame DSLR; comparable to the APS-C sensor 60D. The camera also features an ISO setting range from 50 to 102,400 which can be selected automatically or adjusted manually, an 11-point autofocus system, and an anti-glare 3.0 inches (76 mm) LED screen. The center autofocus point has a sensitivity of -3EV, which is the most in any Canon DSLR. The new BG-E13 battery grip that was made to be used with the 6D allows the use of six AA cells or one to two LP-E6 batteries. The 6D has a maximum burst frame rate of 4.5 frames per second. Like all Canon DSLR full frame cameras, the 6D does not feature a built in flash due to the design of the viewfinder.
According to Canon's website, the EOS 6D model comes equipped with:
- EOS 6D (WG) Body
- Eyecup Eb
- Battery Pack LP-E6
- Battery Charger LC-E6
- Stereo AV Cable AVC-DC400ST
- Wide Neck Strap EW-EOS 6D
- USB Interface Cable IFC-200U
- "Canon EOS 6D". Retrieved 17 September 2012.
- "Canon EOS 6D Camera - Canon U.S.A. : Consumer & Home Office : EOS 6D". Canon.com. 2014-05-26. Retrieved 2014-05-26.
- "EOS 6D Digital SLR Camera" (Press release). Canon U.S.A., Inc. 17 September 2012.
- "Press Release". Canon U.S.A., Inc. Retrieved 18 September 2012.
- Horaczek, Stan (3 December 2012). "Lensrentals Took Apart A Canon 6D". Popular Photography. Retrieved 23 December 2012.
- Uy, Melody. "Canon launches entry-level, full-frame EOS 6D". Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- "About EOS 6D - Specifications". Canon. Retrieved 14 October 2012.
- Burke, Elaine. "Canon unveils EOS 6D DSLR and three new PowerShot compact cameras". Retrieved 7 October 2012.
- Atkins, Bob. "Canon EOS 6D Preview". Retrieved 7 October 2012.
|Canon EOS Digital Camera timeline (comparison)|
Specialty models: C - Cinema EOS
Naming of entry-level models: Rebel - Americas | Kiss - Japan
See also: Canon EOS Film SLR cameras