Canon PowerShot S100
|Maximum resolution||4000 × 3000 (12.1 megapixels)|
|Lens||5.2–26.0 mm (35 mm equivalent: 24–120 mm) f/2.0–f/5.9|
|Flash||50 cm – 7 m (wide), 90 cm – 2.3 m (tele)|
|Shutter||Mechanical shutter + electronic shutter|
|Shutter speed range||1/2000 – 1 sec. (Auto mode), 1/2000 to 15 sec.|
|Metering modes||Evaluative, Center-weighted average, Spot|
|Focus modes||Single, Continuous (only available in Auto mode), Servo AF/AEl, Manual Focus|
|Continuous shooting||Approx. 2.3 frame/s
9.6 frame/s in High-speed Burst HQ mode
|ASA/ISO range||Auto, ISO 80–6400 (in 1/3-step increments)|
|Custom WB||Auto, Daylight, Cloudy, Tungsten, Fluorescent, Fluorescent H, Flash, Underwater, Custom|
|Rear LCD monitor||3.0-inch TFT Color LCD, approx. 461,000 dots|
|Storage||Secure Digital card|
|Battery||Canon NB-5L Li-Ion|
|Dimensions||98.9 mm × 59.8 mm × 26.7 mm (W × H × D)|
|Weight||173 g (6.1 oz) excluding battery|
|Optional battery packs||AC Adapter Kit ACK-DC30|
The Canon PowerShot S100 is a high-end 12.1-megapixel compact digital camera announced and released in 2011. It was designed as the successor to the Canon PowerShot S95 in the S series of the Canon PowerShot line of cameras.
The S100 is a similar camera to S90 and S95 with several significant improvements. It has improved noise reduction, white balance and shadow correction. This camera is the first camera in the S series line to use the CMOS Sensor which gives the camera a higher performance and better light sensitivity. The S100 is also the first camera in the series to feature 1080p video recording in 24 frames per second.
- 12.1 megapixels
- JPEG (Exif 2.3) support
- Raw image file format; one of few "point and shoot" cameras to have raw formatting. (Note: Raw format is not available in Auto, Low Light, and SCN modes. Raw is available in Program, Tv (shutter priority), Av (aperture priority), Manual, and Custom modes)
- ISO sensitivity 80–6400 (in 1/3-step increments) and auto (up to ISO 1600).
- Full manual control
- Customizable Control Ring to control ISO, shutter speed, aperture, focus, or exposure compensation
- Five photo aspect ratios: 16:9, 3:2, 4:3, 1:1, 4:5
- Video recording Standard, Color Accent, Color Swap: 1920 × 1080 (24 frame/s), 1280 × 720 (30 frame/s), 640 × 480 (30)
- Video recording Miniature Effect: 1280 × 720 (6 / 3 / 1.5 frame/s), 640 × 480 (6 / 3 / 1.5 frame/s)
- Video recording Super Slow Motion: 640 × 480 (120 frame/s), 320 × 240 (240 frame/s)
- Continuous shooting, P mode continuous shooting: ~2.3 shot/s. High-speed burst mode in HQ continuous shooting: ~9.6 shot/s.
- "Powershot S100". Canon. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
Media related to Canon PowerShot S100 at Wikimedia Commons
- Regional websites:
- Story of the PowerShot S100 Development (PDF)
|Canon consumer digital camera||Succeeded by