Canons Park tube station
Location of Canons Park in Greater London
|Managed by||London Underground|
|Number of platforms||2|
|London Underground annual entry and exit|
|Original company||Metropolitan Railway|
|10 December 1932||Station opened as Canons Park (Edgware)|
|20 November 1939||Metropolitan Line service replaced by Bakerloo Line|
|1 May 1979||Bakerloo Line service replaced by Jubilee Line|
|Lists of stations|
|London Transport portalCoordinates:|
Canons Park is a London Underground station at Canons Park, north London. It is on the Jubilee line, between Stanmore and Queensbury. It is in Travelcard Zone 5 and is the least used station on the Jubilee Line with 1.56 million passengers per year.
The station was opened on 10 December 1932 by the Metropolitan Railway (MR) on the MR's extension from Wembley Park to Stanmore. The station was originally named Canons Park (Edgware) although the suffix was dropped the following year. On 20 November 1939, services on the Stanmore branch were transferred to the Bakerloo line and, on 1 May 1979, they were transferred again to the Jubilee Line.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2009". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Customer metrics: entries and exits: 2010". London Underground performance update. Transport for London. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Multi-year station entry-and-exit figures" (XLS). London Underground station passenger usage data. Transport for London. 2013. Retrieved 15 April 2014.
- "Clive's Underground Line Guides, Jubilee Line, Dates". Retrieved 2007-12-28.
- Rose, Douglas (1999). The London Underground, A Diagrammatic History. Douglas Rose/Capital Transport. ISBN 1-85414-219-4.
Canons Park is served by the following London Bus Routes:
|186||Brent Cross||Northwick Park Hospital|
Canons Park is also served by the following Night London Bus Routes:
- London Transport Museum Photographic Archive
|Preceding station||London Underground||Following station|
Stanmore branch (1939-1979)
towards Elephant & Castle