The Canoochee River (pronounced kuh-NOO-chee) is a 108-mile-long (174 km) river in southeastern Georgia in the United States. It is a tributary of the Ogeechee River, which flows to the Atlantic Ocean.
The Canoochee River is formed about 12 miles (19 km) southeast of Swainsboro in southwestern Emanuel County by the confluence of Canoochee Creek and Little Canoochee Creek, and flows generally southeastwardly through or along the boundaries of Candler, Evans, Bryan, and Liberty counties, through Fort Stewart. It joins the Ogeechee River from the west in Bryan County, 15 miles (24 km) south-southwest of Savannah.
- U.S. Geological Survey. National Hydrography Dataset high-resolution flowline data. The National Map, accessed April 26, 2011
- "Feature Detail Report for: Canoochee River". Retrieved December 6, 2013.
- U.S. Geological Survey Geographic Names Information System: Canoochee River
- Columbia Gazetteer of North America entry
- DeLorme (2003). Georgia Atlas & Gazetteer. Yarmouth, Maine: DeLorme. ISBN 0-89933-253-6.