Canterbury United FC
|Full name||Canterbury United Football Club|
|Ground||ASB Football Park, Christchurch|
Canterbury United FC is an association football club from Christchurch, New Zealand. The club plays most of its matches at English Park in Christchurch, though they occasionally play in Nelson. The club competes in the ASB Premiership, the top level of football in New Zealand.
The club was founded in 2002 as a conglomerate of various Christchurch area clubs, in order to form a strong team to take part in the 2002 New Zealand National Soccer League. In 2004, the league was replaced by the New Zealand Football Championship, run on a regional franchise basis, and Canterbury United became one of the eight competing teams.
In Canterbury United's first season in the New Zealand Football Championship they missed out on the playoffs by four competition points, ultimately finishing fourth. In 2007, the club rebranded themselves as the "Canterbury United Dragons" with a new logo and mascot.
Final League placings at the end of the regular season:
- 2010-11: 4th (Played 14 Won 6 Drew 2 Lost 6) Lost playoffs semi finals
- 2009-10: 4th (Played 14 Won 5 Drew 3 Lost 6) Lost playoffs grand final
- 2008-09: 8th (Played 14 Won 2 Drew 2 Lost 10) Missed playoffs
- 2007-08: 8th (Played 21 Won 3 Drew 3 Lost 15) Missed playoffs
- 2006-07: 4th (Played 21 Won 9 Drew 4 Lost 8) Missed playoffs
- 2005-06: 3rd (Played 21 Won 13 Drew 2 Lost 6) Lost playoffs grand final
- 2004-05: 4th (Played 21 Won 7 Drew 6 Lost 8) Missed playoffs
Note: Flags indicate national team as defined under FIFA eligibility rules. Players may hold more than one non-FIFA nationality.
- Andy Pitman (Also on playing roster)
- Martin Stewart
- Danny Halligan (July 1, 2006–Feb 4, 2008)
- Korouch Monsef (Feb 5, 2008–June 30, 2009)
- Keith Braithwaite (July 1, 2009–)
ASB Phoenix Challenge
- Winners (1): 2012
ASB Premiership Youth League
- Winners (2): 2009-10, 2011-12