Canton–Plymouth Mettetal Airport
|Canton–Plymouth Mettetal Airport
|IATA: none – ICAO: none – FAA LID: 1D2|
|Owner||State of Michigan - MDOT|
|Elevation AMSL||696 ft / 212 m|
Canton–Plymouth Mettetal Airport (FAA LID: 1D2) is a public use airport located in Canton Township, Michigan, United States. The airport lies two nautical miles (3.7 km) south of the central business district of Plymouth, in Wayne County. The airport is owned and operated by the Michigan Department of Transportation (MDOT). It is also referred to as Mettetal Airport. The airport is uncontrolled, and is used for general aviation purposes.
Facilities and aircraft
Canton–Plymouth Mettetal Airport covers an area of 63 acres (25 ha) at an elevation of 696 feet (212 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 18/36 with an asphalt surface measuring 2,303 by 75 feet (702 x 23 m). No commercial airline service is available, although many small flight schools are based there. Due to the short runway length, touch and go operations, commonly used in flight training, are prohibited.
For the 12-month period ending December 31, 2009, the airport had 46,433 general aviation aircraft operations, an average of 85 per day. At that time there were 93 aircraft based at this airport: 95% single-engine, 1% multi-engine, 0% jet, 3% helicopter and 1% ultralight.
- FAA Airport Master Record for 1D2 ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective 27 Aug 2008.
- "Canton township, Wayne county, Michigan." U.S. Census Bureau. Retrieved on October 28, 2009.
- Kitze Aviation, the fixed base operator (FBO). Accessed 7 Sep 2009.
- FAA National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems: 2009-2013. Federal Aviation Administration. Published 1 Oct 2008.
- Plymouth Mettetal Airport Website
- PDF at Michigan Airport Directory
- Aerial photo as of 27 March 1999 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for 1D2, effective April 30, 2015
- Resources for this airport:
|This article about a Michigan airport is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|