Canton Township, Fulton County, Illinois
Location in Fulton County
Fulton County's location in Illinois
|Established||November 6, 1849|
|• Total||35.64 sq mi (92.3 km2)|
|• Land||34.74 sq mi (90.0 km2)|
|• Water||0.9 sq mi (2 km2) 2.53%|
|Elevation||676 ft (206 m)|
|• Density||452.1/sq mi (174.6/km2)|
|Time zone||CST (UTC-6)|
|• Summer (DST)||CDT (UTC-5)|
|ZIP codes||61427, 61520, 61531|
|GNIS feature ID||0428758|
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 35.64 square miles (92.3 km2), of which 34.74 square miles (90.0 km2) (or 97.47%) is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km2) (or 2.53%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
(This list is based on USGS data and may include former settlements.)
The township contains these seven cemeteries: Greenwood, Hanson, Johnson, Norris, Saint Josephs, Saint Marys and White Chapel.
Airports and landing strips
- Ingersoll Airport
- Van Winkle Lake
- Big Creek Park
- Graham Hosp
- Canton Union School District 66
- Illinois' 17th congressional district
- State House District 91
- State Senate District 46
- "Canton Township, Fulton County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-16.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
||Fairview Township||Farmington Township||Trivoli Township, Peoria County|
|Joshua Township||Orion Township|
|Putman Township||Buckheart Township||Banner Township|