Canutillo Independent School District
In addition to Canutillo, the district serves a portion of Vinton as well as the communities of Prado Verde and Westway. A portion of El Paso also lies within the district. This portion is largely unpopulated, but construction is quickly filling in raw land within Canutillo ISD boundaries.
Dr. Damon Murphy has been Superintendent of Schools in Canutillo ISD since February 2010.
High School (Grades 9-12)
- Canutillo High School
- Northwest Early College High School
Middle Schools (Grades 6-8)
- Canutillo Middle located at 7311 Bosque road
- Jose Alderete Middle
Elementary Schools (Grades PK-5)
- Bill Childress Elementary
- Canutillo Elementary
- Deanna Davenport Elementary
- Jose H. Damian Elementary
- Gonzalo & Sofia Garcia Elementary - 6550 Westside Drive, El Paso, TX 79932. Founded in 2007 through a bond that was passed by the Canutillo, TX voters in 2006. The school, built in a rural setting, surrounded by cotton fields, pecan groves, cows and horses, opened its doors March 31, 2008. The school has the capacity for 750 students but has never had more than 647 students enrolled. The school was rated "Recognized" by TEA in 2011-2013 based on TAKS scores for 3rd, 4th and 5th grade students. School has met NCLB AYP measures every year.
- "2009 Accountability Rating System". Texas Education Agency.