Canyon Meadows, Calgary
|• Mayor||Naheed Nenshi|
|• Administrative body||Calgary City Council|
|• Councillor||Diane Colley-Urquhart|
|• Total||3.1 km2 (1.2 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,085 m (3,560 ft)|
|• Average Income||$66,787|
|Website||Canyon Meadows Community Association|
Canyon Meadows is a residential neighbourhood in the south-west quadrant of Calgary, Alberta. It is bounded by Anderson Road to the north, Macleod Trail to the east, Fish Creek Provincial Park and Canyon Meadows Drive to the south and 14 Street W to the west. The Canyon Meadows golf course is developed north-west of the neighbourhood.
Residents in this community had a median household income of $66,787 in 2000, and there were 10.6% low income residents living in the neighbourhood. As of 2000, 19.8% of the residents were immigrants. A proportion of 10.1% of the buildings were condominiums or apartments, and 17% of the housing was used for renting.
The community is served by Canyon Meadows Elementary, Dr. E. P. Scarlett Senior High, Robert Warren Junior High public schools as well as St. Catherine Elementary (catholic).
- "Calgary Elections". City of Calgary. October 21, 2013. Retrieved October 22, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2006). "Canyon Meadows Community Statistics". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
- "2012 Civic Census Results". City of Calgary. 2012. Retrieved February 4, 2013.
- "Community Boundaries" (Esri shapefile). City of Calgary. Retrieved February 5, 2013.
- City of Calgary (2004). "Ward 13 Profile". Retrieved 2007-05-10.
|Fish Creek Provincial Park|