|IATA: CNY – ICAO: KCNY – FAA LID: CNY|
|Elevation AMSL||4,557 ft / 1,389 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Canyonlands Field (IATA: CNY, ICAO: KCNY, FAA LID: CNY) is a county owned, public use airport in Grand County, Utah, United States. It is located 18 nautical miles (21 mi, 33 km) northwest of the central business district of Moab, Utah. The airport is mostly used for general aviation, but is served by one commercial airline. Scheduled passenger service is subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
According to Federal Aviation Administration records, the airport had 2,870 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,982 enplanements in 2009, and 2,701 in 2010. It is included in the National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015, which categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year).
Frontier Airlines provided a service from 1958 until some time between 1970 and 1975. (Probably 1972, because a route map of SkyWest Airlines dated 1974 and on their 35th anniversary website showed that they provided service from 1973-1975.) Later, Air Midwest and Salmon Air provided services to Salt Lake City International Airport.
Great Lakes Airlines began servicing the airport on January 6, 2007, with two daily flights to Denver International Airport. On December 5, 2011, Great Lakes began a daily non-stop service to Vernal, Utah.
Facilities and aircraft
Canyonlands Field covers an area of 985 acres (399 ha) at an elevation of 4,557 feet (1,389 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 3/21 with an asphalt surface measuring 7,100 by 75 feet (2,164 x 23 m).
For the 12-month period ending August 30, 2011, the airport had 10,150 aircraft operations, an average of 27 per day: 53% general aviation, 33.5% air taxi, 12% scheduled commercial, and 1.5% military. At that time there were 14 aircraft based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% ultralight.
Airline and destinations
The following airline offers scheduled passenger service:
|Delta Connection||Salt Lake City|
- FAA Airport Master Record for CNY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010.
- Canyonlands Field, official website
- Aerial image as of July 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CNY, effective July 24, 2014
- Resources for this airport: