|IATA: CNY – ICAO: KCNY – FAA LID: CNY|
|Elevation AMSL||4,557 ft / 1,389 m|
Canyonlands Field (IATA: CNY, ICAO: KCNY, FAA LID: CNY) is in Grand County, Utah, 21 miles northwest of Moab, Utah. The airport is used for general aviation and sees one airline, subsidized by the Essential Air Service program.
The Federal Aviation Administration says the airport had 2,870 passenger boardings (enplanements) in calendar year 2008, 3,982 in 2009 2,701 in 2010, 9,181 in 2011, 7,955 in 2012, and 7,048 in 2013. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a non-primary commercial service airport (between 2,500 and 10,000 enplanements per year).
Canyonlands opened about 1964 with 6900-ft runway 15/33, 150 ft wide. This runway was replaced in 1985 with the current NE/SW runway. 
Frontier Airlines started serving Grand County Airport in 1959 and was at Canyonlands until 1971-72. (Probably 1972-- a route map of SkyWest Airlines dated 1974 and on their 35th anniversary website showed that they provided service from 1973-1975.) Later Air Midwest and Salmon Air flew to Salt Lake City International Airport.
In the year ending August 30, 2011 the airport had 10,150 aircraft operations, average 27 per day: 53% general aviation, 33.5% air taxi, 12% airline, and 1.5% military. 14 aircraft were then based at this airport: 86% single-engine and 14% ultralight.
Airline and destinations
Scheduled passenger service:
|Delta Connection||Salt Lake City (ends April 30, 2015)|
- FAA Airport Master Record for CNY ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective May 31, 2012.
- "Enplanements for CY 2008" (PDF, 1.0 MB). CY 2008 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. December 18, 2009.
- "Enplanements for CY 2010" (PDF, 189 KB). CY 2010 Passenger Boarding and All-Cargo Data. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2011.
- Canyonlands Field, official website
- Aerial image as of July 1997 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CNY, effective March 5, 2015
- Resources for this airport: