|Traded as||Euronext: CAP|
|Industry||IT services, IT consulting|
|Key people||Paul Hermelin
(Chairman & CEO)
|Services||IT, business consulting and outsourcing services|
|Revenue||€10.264 million (2012)|
|Operating income||€601 million (2012)|
|Profit||€370 million (2012)|
|Total assets||€10.650 million (2012)|
|Total equity||€4.529 million (2012)|
Cap Gemini S.A. is a French multinational corporation headquartered in Paris, France. It provides IT services and is one of the world's largest consulting, outsourcing and professional services companies with more than 130,000 employees in 44 countries. It (Rue de Tilsitt) was founded in 1967 by Serge Kampf, the current vice-chairman, in Grenoble, France. Paul Hermelin, the chairman and CEO of the Capgemini group has led the company since his appointment in December 2001.
Capgemini's regional operations include North and South America, Northern Europe & Asia Pacific and Central & Southern Europe. Services are delivered through four disciplines; Consulting, Technology, Outsourcing and Local Professional Services. The latter is delivered through Sogeti, a wholly owned subsidiary.
Capgemini was founded by Serge Kampf in 1967  as an enterprise management and data processing company. The company was inaugurated as the Société pour la Gestion de l'Entreprise et le Traitement de l'Information (Sogeti).
- In 1973 Sogeti acquired a majority stake in its major European IT services competitor, CAP (Centre d'Analyse et de programmation).
- In 1974 Sogeti acquired Gemini Computers Systems, a US company based in New York.
- In 1975, having made two major acquisitions of CAP and Gemini Computer Systems, and following resolution of a dispute with the similarly-named CAP UK over the international use of the name 'CAP', Sogeti renamed itself as CAP Gemini Sogeti.
- In 1981, Cap Gemini Sogeti launched US operations following the acquisition of Milwaukee-based DASD Corporation, specializing in data conversion and employing 500 people in 20 branches throughout the US. Following this acquisition, The U.S. Operation was known as Cap Gemini DASD.
- In 1986, Cap Gemini Sogeti acquired the consulting division of US-based CGA Computer to create Cap Gemini America.
- In 1991, Gemini Consulting was formed through the integration of two management consulting firms (United Research and The MAC group).
- In 1995, the Center for Business Innovation at Cap Gemini was transformed from an institutional university model to a networked research capability under the leadership of its Director Christopher Meyer (author)
- In 1996, the name was simplified to Cap Gemini with a new group logo. All operating companies worldwide were re-branded to operate as Cap Gemini.
- In 2000, Cap Gemini acquired Ernst & Young Consulting. It simultaneously integrated Gemini Consulting to form Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
- In 2002, Cap Gemini re-launched its Sogeti brand, creating a new legal entity bearing the original name of the company, headquartered in Brussels, Belgium. The new company is focused on delivering IT services to a more limited range of markets.
- In 2003, the firm acquired Transiciel and merged the two practices into Sogeti-Transiciel (later consolidated within Sogeti in 2006).
- In April 2004, the Group reverted to Capgemini (its current name).
- In the summer of 2005, due to heavy financial losses, Capgemini sold its North American healthcare consulting practice, including both payer and provider practices, to Accenture but retains its life sciences practice.
- In August 2006, Capgemini acquired Future Engineering.
- In September 2006, Capgemini acquired a 51% shareholding in Unilever India Shared Services Limited (Indigo), a provider of financial shared services and Sarbanes-Oxley compliance services to the global Unilever Group. Indigo has operating centres in Bangalore and Chennai and employs approximately 600 staff.
- In October 2006, Capgemini agreed to acquire Kanbay International for US$1.2 billion in cash ($29 per share). The acquisition increased Capgemini's India staff to 12,000+(which is grown to 26,000+ in mere 4 years of time) employees. The current India employee strength on 23 October 2012 is 40,000 The acquisition was completed on 8 February 2007.
- On 8 February 2007, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Software Architects, a US-based consulting company, to expand its US business.
- On 25 July 2008, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV of the Netherlands. The acquisition amounted to an equity value of €255 million paid in cash.
- In October 2008, Capgemini acquires UK Test specialist Vizuri.
- In November 2008, Capgemini acquires Empire and Sophia Solutions to reinforce its presence in Eastern Europe.
- In September 2009, Capgemini Australia acquires Nu Solutions; bolsters software testing expertise.
- In February 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of IBX.
- In June 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions, a small company specializing in the capital markets.
- In June 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of Plaisir Informatique, a French company specializing in complex data migrations in the banking and insurance sector.
- In September 2010, Capgemini announced the acquisition of CPM Braxis, the largest Brazilian IT consultant company.
- In November 2010, Capgemini announced that it has acquired the India-based IT services company, Thesys Technologies Private Limited ("Thesys"), a Temenos-Certified Services Partner that provides banking implementation solutions to the global financial services industry.
- In December 2010, Capgemini Acquires German IT-Services Provider CS Consulting GmbH.
- In February 2011, Cheshire Police Authority signed a framework agreement with Capgemini for IT services to support back-office policing activities. The framework would include technology to enable shared services. It is expected to generate savings of £40 million for Cheshire Constabulary over ten years.
- In February 2011, Capgemini got a $63 million three-year contract to provide support to smart meters for Canada’s utility BC Hydro in British Columbia.
- In March 2011, Capgemini secured a £100 million contract with BAA to takeover its ‘core IT services.’
- In April 2011, Capgemini acquired two French companies, Artesys, a provider of IT infrastructure offering, and Avantias, a provider of enterprise content management to businesses.
- In June 2011, Capgemini finalized its acquisition of Prosodie, the multi-channel services operator.
- In June 2011, Capgemini completed its first acquisition in China, Praxis Technology, a utility industry specialist.
- In July 2011, Capgemini acquired the Italian IT services provider AIVE Group.
- Sesa in France (1987)
- Hoskyns Group plc|Hoskyns in the UK (1990)
- United Research in the US (1990)
- Mac Group in the US (1991)
- Volmac in the Netherlands (1992), developers of Cap Gemini SDM
- Programator in Scandinavia (1992)
- Gruber Titze and Partners in Europe (1993)
- Bossard in Europe (1997)
- Ernst & Young Consulting (2000)
- Transiciel (2003)
- Indigo (2006)
- Future Engineering in Germany (2006)
- Plecto AG in Germany (2006)
- Kanbay International (2006)
- Software Architects (2007)
- Maxeda IT Services in the Netherlands (2008)
- Getronics PinkRoccade Business Applications Services BV (2008), developers of Business Information Services Library
- Vizuri Ltd (2008)
- Empire in Czech Republic (2009)
- Nu Solutions in Australia (2009)
- IBX in Sweden (2010)
- Strategic Systems Solutions Ltd in the UK (2010),KSAak
- CPM Braxis [Brazil] (2010)
- Thesys Technologies (India) (2010)
- CS Consulting GmbH (2010)
- AIVE Group in Italy (2011)
- Minneapolis-based BI Consulting Group (BICG)(2011) 
- Vengroff Williams & Associates (2011)
- ANZ Testing Services (2012 - significant union opposition, 750 people)
- DTWO Solutions (2012) Japan based software and IT Staffing company
Capgemini Consulting is the strategy and transformation brand of Capgemini, i.e. Capgemini's management consulting business. Currently employing around 4000 employees, Capgemini Consulting is one of Europe's biggest management consulting companies.
The origins of Capgemini Consulting dates back to the early 1990s when the Mac Group and United Research were acquired and merged to form Gemini Consulting. With its collaborative approach Gemini Consulting quickly became known in the management consulting industry and pioneered many tools and techniques to facilitate client transformations, not least using brownpaper. The collaborative approach is still a big part of Capgemini Consulting's engagement model.
After the merger with Ernst & Young, Gemini Consulting vanished as a brand, and in the early 2000s the consulting arm was given a less prominent role in the Capgemini group, at least in terms of marketing. As of a few years back, Capgemini is again actively promoting its management consulting arm by giving its own brand (burgundy logo, not blue).
In 2011, Capgemini Consulting partnered with MIT to do a three-year study on Digital Transformation, the use of digital technologies to transform the reach and capabilities of organizations.
Capgemini Consulting has expertise in most industries and its practices provide functional knowledge within strategy, marketing and sales, strategic IT, supply chain, people and performance and finally Digital Transformation.
World Wealth Report
Merrill Lynch, Cap Gemini and Ernst & Young worked together since c. 1993 investigating the "needs of high net worth individuals (HNWIs are individuals with more than $1 million in financial assets)" in order to "successfully serve this market segment." Their 2003 report was their seventh.
- 1998 World Wealth Report
- 2003 World Wealth Report
- 2007 World Wealth Report
- 2009 World Wealth Report
- 2013 World Wealth Report The 2013 World Wealth Report was jointly produced by Capgemini and RBC Wealth Management and included, for the first time, the Global HNW Insights Survey produced in collaboration with Partnership.
Sogeti is a wholly owned subsidiary of Capgemini. It is an international information technology consultancy specializing in local professional services. Sogeti employs 20,000 people in 15 countries. Sogeti developed Test Management Approach.
The name 'Sogeti' has its origins in France and is the name of origin for the entire Capgemini Group, founded by Serge Kampf in 1967. The name was an acronym for "Société de Gestion des Entreprises et de Traitement de l'Information" which, roughly translated, means "Company for the Management and Processing of Information". Through the years many names have been used, for instance Cap Gemini Sogeti, Cap Programator, Cap Gemini and Cap Gemini Ernst & Young.
In 2002, the Cap Gemini Group founded a subsidiary called Sogeti in six countries to focus on the growing local IT market. Today the Sogeti Group employs 20,000 people in 15 countries: Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, the Netherlands, India, Ireland, Luxemburg, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, Sweden, Finland, UK and the U.S. The IT consultancy is a full-range provider of IT and management services with focus on Application Services, Software Control Testing, Infrastructure Services and High Tech Consulting.
- "2012 Results Presentation" (PDF). Capgemini. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Cap Gemini (School of Computer Science - The University of Manchester)". Cs.manchester.ac.uk. 2010-07-06. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Company Profile & Key Figures". Capgemini.com. 2013-11-07. Retrieved 2013-11-07.
- Introduction to Capgemini | Capgemini Worldwide
- About Capgemini
- Historic Overview | Our History | Capgemini Worldwide
- Free Trademark Search | Protect Business Name | Incorporate Your Business | Trademarkia
- Capgemini Celebrates Its 40th Anniversary
- Frey, Chuck. "Further details on the fate of the Center for Business Innovation", Innovation Weblog, 6 March 2003. Retrieved on 2011-03-07.
- Center for Business Innovation. "CBI Journal 5: Connected Economy", LeaderValues, May 2000. Retrieved on 2011-03-09.
- International Business Capgemini to Acquire Ernst Young Consulting Business
- Capgemini Group 's annual report 2004 - Group presentation
- Accenture Completes Acquisition of Capgemini’s North American Health Practice
- Cap Gemini Purchases Future Engineering to Expand in Germany
- Capgemini acquired a 51% shareholding
- Capgemini to acquire Kanbay International
- Capgemini Group acquires Software Architects and expands US operations
- Through the acquisition of Getronics PinkRoccade Business Application Services BV, a leading player in the Dutch IT services market for the public sector, Capgemini extends it...
- Capgemini bags UK test specialist Vizuri
- Capgemini to Acquire Empire and Sophia Solutions to Reinforce Its Presence in Eastern Europe
- "Capgemini Australia Acquires Nu Solutions; Bolsters Software Testing Expertise", capgemini.com (17 September 2009).
- "Capgemini Launches Innovative On-Demand, Procurement-as-a-Service Solution through Acquisition of IBX", capgemini.com (2 February 2010)
- "Capgemini Completes Acquisition of Strategic Systems Solutions | News | Capgemini Worldwide". Capgemini.com. 2010-06-16. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- "Capgemini Financial Acquires Plaisir Informatique". InfoGrok. 2010-06-02. Retrieved 2010-07-22.
- Capgemini Acquires a 55% Stake in CPM Braxis, the Leading Brazilian IT Services Player | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Acquires Thesys Technologies | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Acquires German IT-Services Provider CS Consulting GmbH | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- "Cheshire Police saves £40m with Capgemini framework agreement - 2/1/2011 - Computer Weekly". computerweekly.com. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Capgemini pens $63m PM contract". itweb.co.za. Retrieved 1 February 2011.
- "Capgemini wins £100 million BAA contract - including passenger tracking - Quids in again | TechEye". news.techeye.net. Retrieved 28 September 2012.
- Capgemini Makes 2 Acquisitions in France in High Growth Markets | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Finalizes Prosodie Acquisition | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini Completes its First Acquisition in China: Praxis Technology | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- Capgemini acquires 100% of Italian IT services provider AIVE Group | News | Capgemini Worldwide
- "Capgemini acquires 100% of Italian IT services provider AIVE Group".
- "Capgemini Acquires U.S.-Based BI Consulting Group".
- (PDF) 2003 World Wealth Report (Report). Capgemini. 2003. http://web.archive.org/web/20100102085510/http://ml.com/media/14076.pdf. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- (PDF) 1998 World Wealth Report (Report). Capgemini. 1998. http://www.gobookee.net/capgemini-world-wealth-report-1998/. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- "Capgemini 2007 World Wealth Report" (PDF). Capgemini. 2006-06-12. Retrieved 2007-07-08. "World Wealth Grows to $33.3 trillion Says Merrill Lynch"
- 2009 World Wealth Report (Report). Thought Leadership. Capgemini. 2009. http://www.capgemini.com/resources/thought_leadership/2009_world_wealth_report.
- (PDF) 2013 World Wealth Report (Report). Capgemini. 2013. http://www.capgemini.com/sites/default/files/resource/pdf/wwr_2013_1.pdf. Retrieved 10 September 2013.
- Facts and Figures