It is the venue of three Group 1 flat races – the Premio Presidente della Repubblica, the Premio Lydia Tesio and the Premio Roma. The track also stages the most valuable flat race in Italy, the Derby Italiano, which was downgraded to Group 2 status in 2009.
It is also home ground of Italy's premier cricket club, Capannelle Roma.
- capannelleippodromo.it – "L'Ippodromo" (in Italian)
- capannelleippodromo.it – "La Storia" (in Italian)
- initaly.com – "Remembering Italy – Capannelle Race Course"
- racingandsports.com.au – "Italian Derby Downgraded"
- capannellecricketclub.it – Capannelle Cricket Club
|This article about a horse racing venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|