Cape Clear (software company)
Cape Clear is a vendor of ESB (Enterprise service bus) software, founded in 1999.
Cape Clear was a spin-off from IONA Technologies. and was a privately held firm with headquarters in San Mateo, CA, and offices in Atlanta, GA, Chicago, IL, Denver, CO, Waltham, MA, Dublin, Ireland, and London, UK.
In November 2000, Cape Clear acquired Orbware-a privately held UK-based software company founded in 1999 who were a Java EE licensee and whose OrCAS Enterprise Server product was a compact and high-performance implementation of the Enterprise JavaBean (EJB) and Java EE specifications.
Cape Clear made a final release of the OrCAS J2EE server product in February 2001 before the OrCAS product was merged with Cape Clear's CapeConnect XML integration server product. The combined product was named CapeConnect and was first released in April 2001 (Beta Release) and May 2001 (Full Release)
- Iona offspring surprised by Cape Clear row Sunday Business Post Online, May 5, 2002
- Cape Clear Acquires Leading UK Java Technology Licensee; Orbware Acquisition Extends CapeConnect Product Line With Java2 Platform Business Wire, November 20, 2000
- Cape Clear acquires leading UK Java Technology Licensee Cape Clear press release, November 20, 2000
- Cape Clear acquires Orbware Venture Wire News, November 20, 2000
- Cape Clear Releases J2EE-Based Orcas Version 4.2 Cape Clear press release, February 20, 2001
- Cape Clear Releases World’s First Web Services Platform with CapeConnect Two for J2EE Cape Clear press release, April 9, 2001
- Cape Clear Delivers Web Services to Mainstream Developers with the Full Release of CapeConnect Two for J2EE Cape Clear press release, May 17, 2001
- Cape Clear continues to lead the ESB market Forrester Research, July 2006
- BEA, Cape Clear claim no. 1 ESB spot ZDNet July 6, 2006
- Workday press release
- Another ERP vendor buys into middleware ZDNet February 6th, 2008
|This article about an IT-related or software-related company or corporation is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|