Cape Grenville (promontory along the Queensland, Australia coast of Cape York Peninsula. It lies between Shelburne Bay to the north and Temple Bay to the south. The nearest significant settlement is Weipa, Queensland, along the western coast of Cape York.), is a small, east-facing
The northern part of this cape forms the southern face of Margaret Bay, to the west of Shelburne Bay. Several small islands (known as the Home Islands) lie off the eastern coast, including Orton Island, Gore Island and Hicks Island. Along the southern side of the cape is Indian Bay.
About 90 km to the east and northeast of Cape Grenville is the far northern management area of the Great Barrier Reef Marine Park.
Aerial photos & maps
- Cape Grenville is at coordinates Coordinates:
- Survey map of the Cape Grenville Sector, from AIMS Research
- Map of Cape Grenville, from the Marine Modelling Unit at James Cook University.
- Cape Grenville, Australia tide calendar.
- Great Barrier Reef Marine Park, Zoning Plan 2003: MPZ2 - Cape Grenville