Sealink Terminal, Cape Jervis
|Population||295 (2006 census)|
|Location||108.4 km (67 mi) from Adelaide|
|LGA(s)||District Council of Yankalilla|
Cape Jervis (postcode: 5204) is a town located near the south western tip of Fleurieu Peninsula in South Australia on the southern end of the Main South Road approximately 108 kilometres (67 mi) south of Adelaide.
It overlooks the coastline adjoining the following three bodies of water - Gulf St Vincent, Investigator Strait and Backstairs Passage. It also overlooks the following facilities both located at the headland of Cape Jervis - the Cape Jervis Lighthouse and the port used by Kangaroo Island SeaLink who operates the ferry service to Penneshaw on Kangaroo Island.
The population is approximately 300 people and growing rapidly, with a new estate (Cape Jervis Heights) situated behind the main town. Cape Jervis is located within the local government area of the District Council of Yankalilla.
Cape Jervis is the starting point for the Heysen Trail, a walking track of 1,200 kilometres (750 mi) length which finishes at Parachilna Gorge in the Flinders Ranges. Venues of interest to visitors to the town include the Deep Creek Conservation Park, the Talisker Conservation Park and two nearby beaches - Morgan's Beach (with the remains of the trawler Ellen) and Fisheries Beach (with remains of an old whaling station). Cape Jervis is also notable as a point of embarkment for fishing charters.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Cape Jervis (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 2008-10-23.
- Cape Jervis Postcode Australia Post
- Development Plan, Yankililla (DC) Consolidated – 10 January 2013. page= 54/234: Government of South Australia. 2014. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Jervis, Cape (The Manning Index of South Australian History)". The State Library of South Australia. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Towns". The District Council of Yankalilla. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Cape Jervis (2)". Russ Rowlett and the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "Getting You to iconic Kangaroo Island". Sealink Travel Group. Retrieved 27 November 2014.
- "The Heysen Trail". Department of Environment, Water and Natural Resources. Retrieved 27 November 2014.