Cape May County Technical High School
|Cape May County Technical High School|
|188 Crest Haven Road
Cape May Court House, NJ 08210
|Type||Public high school|
|School district||Cape May County Technical School District|
|Assistant principals||John Ord
|Faculty||66.5 (on FTE basis)|
|Enrollment||576 (as of 2011-12)|
|Student to teacher ratio||8.66:1|
|Color(s)||Green, White, and Black|
|Athletics conference||Cape-Atlantic League|
Cape May County Technical High School, located in the Cape May Court House section of Middle Township, which provides vocational and technical education to students in ninth through twelfth grades from Cape May County, New Jersey, United States, operating as part of the Cape May County Technical School District.
As of the 2011-12 school year, the school had an enrollment of 576 students and 66.5 classroom teachers (on an FTE basis), for a student–teacher ratio of 8.66:1. There were 77 students (13.4% of enrollment) eligible for free lunch and 42 (7.3% of students) eligible for reduced-cost lunch.
Awards, recognition and rankings
Schooldigger.com ranked the school 126th out of 381 public high schools statewide in its 2011 rankings (a decrease of 39 positions from the 2010 ranking) which were based on the combined percentage of students classified as proficient or above proficient on the mathematics (81.6%) and language arts literacy (98.6%) components of the High School Proficiency Assessment (HSPA).
The Cape May Technical High School Hawks compete in the National Division of the Cape-Atlantic League, an athletic conference that operates under the aegis of the New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association (NJSIAA) and which consists of both parochial and public high schools located in Atlantic County, Cape May County, Cumberland County, and Gloucester County.  With 500 students in grades 10-12, the school was classified by the NJSIAA for the 2014-15 school year as South Jersey, Group II for most athletic competition purposes, which included schools with an enrollment of 486 to 748 students in that grade range.
The school's athletic results can be found at H.S. Sports.net
- Data for Cape May County Tech High School, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed November 18, 2014.
- New Jersey High School Rankings: 11th Grade HSPA Language Arts Literacy & HSPA Math 2010-2011, Schooldigger.com. Accessed March 4, 2012.
- League Memberships – 2014-2015, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association. Accessed November 18, 2014.
- 2014-2015 Public Schools Group Classification: ShopRite Cup–Basketball–Baseball–Softball for South Jersey, New Jersey State Interscholastic Athletic Association, as of July 8, 2014. Accessed November 18, 2014.
- Cape May County Technical School District
- Cape May County Technical School District's 2012–13 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- School Data for the Cape May County Technical School District, National Center for Education Statistics
- South Jersey Sports: Cape May Tech HS